Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahida sulaiman)
    how did u calculate it ?
    I used the extrapolation method (which I think most people did). You didn't need to find the gradient. I used a random force value that was in the linear section of the graph and extrapolated to find the corresponding extension value. Then i just used the formula and got the answer.....most people seem to have got around 2x10^10!

i was just wondering if there would be a range cuz I got 2.01x10^10!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by examhater44)
    I used the extrapolation method (which I think most people did). You didn't need to find the gradient. I used a random force value that was in the linear section of the graph and extrapolated to find the corresponding extension value. Then i just used the formula and got the answer.....most people seem to have got around 2x10^10!

Thanks
    I did the same and got the the answer as 1.98x10^10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahamed2000)
    its not practical to measure distance in food using vernier caliper , i guess you will have to cut it to keep it in the vernier , so its not very practical to use vernier even though its more precise
    do u rmmbr what u did for the very first question about the drawing of the waves?
    i just drew one wave n not its reflected wave!! will i get marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashmjj)
    do u rmmbr what u did for the very first question about the drawing of the waves?
    i just drew one wave n not its reflected wave!! will i get marks?
    I don't think so. I drew a standing wave with nodes and antinodes labelled and a line from 2 antinodes showing the distance between them is half lambda. Since it is at antinodes that constructive interference occurs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureStripper)
    I don't think so. I drew a standing wave with nodes and antinodes labelled and a line from 2 antinodes showing the distance between them is half lambda. Since it is at antinodes that constructive interference occurs.
    damn x/ but i drew the antinodes and clearly showed the burn marks on antinodes and indicated the distance between 2 antinodes is half lambda...just dint draw the reflected wave

ReputationRep:
    damn x/ but i drew the antinodes and clearly showed the burn marks on antinodes and indicated the distance between 2 antinodes is half lambda...just dint draw the reflected wave
    We don't need to draw the reflected wave yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ackashh05012911)
    We don't need to draw the reflected wave yeah
    most ppl are saying we need to! n why not cux that's how a standing wave is formed isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    most ppl are saying we need to! n why not cux that's how a standing wave is formed isnt it?
    It's because they clearly stated in the question that standing wave is formed.dw tho seriously I'm sure you'll get a few marks if you wrote that. I think aslong as you labelled antinodes on a wave and showed D between them is half lambda you have 2 marks guaranteed.

ReputationRep:
    I drew both waves and labelled 2 antinodes and showed that the distance between them is half lamda and explained that the burn marks occur at antinodes so multiplying the length between the burn marks gives the wavelength
    Will I get full marks?

ReputationRep:
    It's because they clearly stated in the question that standing wave is formed.dw tho seriously I'm sure you'll get a few marks if you wrote that. I think aslong as you labelled antinodes on a wave and showed D between them is half lambda you have 2 marks guaranteed.
    I thought the whole question was for 2 marks

ReputationRep:
    I also remember the whole question being 2 marks, Im thinking 1 mark for explanation and 1 for diagram.

ReputationRep:
    Same here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wyzzl)
    Hey guys! any predictions for the grade boundaries?
    Is 35 or 36 out of 40 gonna be A?
    Thats way to high. A paper at similiar difficulty had a boundary of 30/40 A. This exam had the first and last question to trick a few points out of people. Im thinking Max 32/40 A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christos123456)
    I got the same!
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdemN)
    I also remember the whole question being 2 marks, Im thinking 1 mark for explanation and 1 for diagram.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking

ReputationRep:
    If the question is for 2 marks then you'll lose only 1 mark so dw

ReputationRep:
    Damn okay then you shouldnt be worrying too much if your answer was along those lines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chapers64)
    Passed limit of proportionality at 5.9N and then started curving I think
    Mine was same !!! Thank god

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by examhater44)

Thanks
    I did the same thing but i got 1.5x10^10 XD !! Hope its right ? Which values you used ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muaaz Iqbal)
    I did the same thing but i got 1.5x10^10 XD !! Hope its right ? Which values you used ?
    For questions like these, they usually give a huge range or they'll give mark if the power is correct. So let's hope your answer is in their range

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.