Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ackashh05012911)
    For questions like these, they usually give a huge range or they'll give mark if the power is correct. So let's hope your answer is in their range

Yea lets Hope for the best :like:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdemN)
    Percentage uncertainty was 1.7%
    I got 1.67%

ReputationRep:
    For the last question, I have plotted the graph using dots. Will I get some marks deducted because of this? I am now doing some past paper of paper 6 and they said candidates should use cross.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureStripper)
    I don't think so. I drew a standing wave with nodes and antinodes labelled and a line from 2 antinodes showing the distance between them is half lambda. Since it is at antinodes that constructive interference occurs.
    I have drawn a wave with 2 nodes and labelled one half lambda. Do you think I would get any marks from this question?

ReputationRep:
    Guys I have a question, you know they gave the chart with 6 values and they said critisize the results, I put ;

Inconsistent significant figures,
    Too few vaules,
    Short range.

Will I get the points because on all other papers these always got full marks but this chart had slightly more values than the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdemN)
    Guys I have a question, you know they gave the chart with 6 values and they said critisize the results, I put ;

Inconsistent significant figures,
    Too few vaules,
    Short range.

Will I get the points because on all other papers these always got full marks but this chart had slightly more values than the others.
    You can't say too few values cuz 6 values are more than enough to plot a graph

ReputationRep:
    You can't say too few values cuz 6 values are more than enough to plot a graph
    But is that according to a graph or according to a experiment as a whole, because for an experiment 6 values are definiatly not enough and It would be much better to use lots more weights, taking into account that the chart jumps from 600g to 1100g so theres a gap which could be filled with 700, 800g etc.

I really hope I dont lose marks
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by AdemN)
    But is that according to a graph or according to a experiment as a whole, because for an experiment 6 values are definiatly not enough and It would be much better to use lots more weights, taking into account that the chart jumps from 600g to 1100g so theres a gap which could be filled with 700, 800g etc.

I also didnt write this point due to the reason that there were enough values to plot a graph but Dw who knows maybe u might get marks for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdemN)
    But is that according to a graph or according to a experiment as a whole, because for an experiment 6 values are definiatly not enough and It would be much better to use lots more w eights, taking into account that the chart jumps from 600g to 1100g so theres a gap which could be filled with 700, 800g etc.

Most experiments use a graphical method and measurements are usually tabulated if a graph is gonna plotted. Every past paper has a question where you have to criticize a table of readings. And mostly they give less than 5 readings so that students can write a critic that there are less values to plot a graph

ReputationRep:
    Most experiments use a graphical method and measurements are usually tabulated if a graph is gonna plotted. Every past paper has a question where you have to criticize a table of readings. And mostly they give less than 5 readings so that students can write a critic that there are less values to plot a graph
    Does anyone know a past paper with more than more than 5 readings?

ReputationRep:
    Yep I checked june 2015 has 6 values and they dont have too few values and they said dont except JUST short range. Ive lost 2 points for nothing unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys write for the instrument to measure diameter of a sphere? I think that was question 4 or 5 in multiple choice and they were using it to measure viscosity. I used a micrometer, although many of my classmates said verniers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancin9Donuts)
    What did you guys write for the instrument to measure diameter of a sphere? I think that was question 4 or 5 in multiple choice and they were using it to measure viscosity. I used a micrometer, although many of my classmates said verniers.
    Micrometer 👍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancin9Donuts)
    I said vernier caliper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wyzzl)
    I said vernier caliper.
    Lol.. You won't get marks for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandax_25)
    Lol.. You won't get marks for that
    Name:  30362622453_5baf0bae92_o.png
Views: 49
Size:  17.3 KB
    I was not sure about the answer but found that on google..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wyzzl)
    Name:  30362622453_5baf0bae92_o.png
Views: 49
Size:  17.3 KB
    I was not sure about the answer but found that on google..........
    Hmmm... Usually they give marks for micrometer screw gauge, for that particular experiment because the ball bearings halve a very small diameter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandax_25)
    Hmmm... Usually they give marks for micrometer screw gauge, for that particular experiment because the ball bearings halve a very small diameter.
    we have used a ball bearing which is very small as we need laminar flow in the tube.....
    so to measure diameter of a small ball , we need a more precise instrument .
    so micrometer was the answer....

ReputationRep:
    hey guyz for the anti nodes question ,
    i drew like this , so is it correct, any suggestions..
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helper OF ALL)
    hey guyz for the anti nodes question ,
    i drew like this , so is it correct, any suggestions..
    Yeah it's correct. I did the same thing

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.