Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 03 WPH03 - 10th of May, 2017 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ackashh05012911)
    For questions like these, they usually give a huge range or they'll give mark if the power is correct. So let's hope your answer is in their range

Yea lets Hope for the best :like:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdemN)
    Percentage uncertainty was 1.7%
    I got 1.67%

ReputationRep:
    For the last question, I have plotted the graph using dots. Will I get some marks deducted because of this? I am now doing some past paper of paper 6 and they said candidates should use cross.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureStripper)
    I don't think so. I drew a standing wave with nodes and antinodes labelled and a line from 2 antinodes showing the distance between them is half lambda. Since it is at antinodes that constructive interference occurs.
    I have drawn a wave with 2 nodes and labelled one half lambda. Do you think I would get any marks from this question?

ReputationRep:
    Guys I have a question, you know they gave the chart with 6 values and they said critisize the results, I put ;

Inconsistent significant figures,
    Too few vaules,
    Short range.

Will I get the points because on all other papers these always got full marks but this chart had slightly more values than the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdemN)
    Guys I have a question, you know they gave the chart with 6 values and they said critisize the results, I put ;

Inconsistent significant figures,
    Too few vaules,
    Short range.

Will I get the points because on all other papers these always got full marks but this chart had slightly more values than the others.
    You can't say too few values cuz 6 values are more than enough to plot a graph

ReputationRep:
    You can't say too few values cuz 6 values are more than enough to plot a graph
    But is that according to a graph or according to a experiment as a whole, because for an experiment 6 values are definiatly not enough and It would be much better to use lots more weights, taking into account that the chart jumps from 600g to 1100g so theres a gap which could be filled with 700, 800g etc.

I really hope I dont lose marks
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdemN)
    But is that according to a graph or according to a experiment as a whole, because for an experiment 6 values are definiatly not enough and It would be much better to use lots more weights, taking into account that the chart jumps from 600g to 1100g so theres a gap which could be filled with 700, 800g etc.

I also didnt write this point due to the reason that there were enough values to plot a graph but Dw who knows maybe u might get marks for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdemN)
    But is that according to a graph or according to a experiment as a whole, because for an experiment 6 values are definiatly not enough and It would be much better to use lots more w eights, taking into account that the chart jumps from 600g to 1100g so theres a gap which could be filled with 700, 800g etc.

Most experiments use a graphical method and measurements are usually tabulated if a graph is gonna plotted. Every past paper has a question where you have to criticize a table of readings. And mostly they give less than 5 readings so that students can write a critic that there are less values to plot a graph

ReputationRep:
    Most experiments use a graphical method and measurements are usually tabulated if a graph is gonna plotted. Every past paper has a question where you have to criticize a table of readings. And mostly they give less than 5 readings so that students can write a critic that there are less values to plot a graph
    Does anyone know a past paper with more than more than 5 readings?

ReputationRep:
    Yep I checked june 2015 has 6 values and they dont have too few values and they said dont except JUST short range. Ive lost 2 points for nothing unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys write for the instrument to measure diameter of a sphere? I think that was question 4 or 5 in multiple choice and they were using it to measure viscosity. I used a micrometer, although many of my classmates said verniers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancin9Donuts)
    What did you guys write for the instrument to measure diameter of a sphere? I think that was question 4 or 5 in multiple choice and they were using it to measure viscosity. I used a micrometer, although many of my classmates said verniers.
    Micrometer 👍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancin9Donuts)
    I said vernier caliper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wyzzl)
    I said vernier caliper.
    Lol.. You won't get marks for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandax_25)
    Lol.. You won't get marks for that
    Name:  30362622453_5baf0bae92_o.png
Views: 45
Size:  17.3 KB
    I was not sure about the answer but found that on google..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wyzzl)
    Name:  30362622453_5baf0bae92_o.png
Views: 45
Size:  17.3 KB
    I was not sure about the answer but found that on google..........
    Hmmm... Usually they give marks for micrometer screw gauge, for that particular experiment because the ball bearings halve a very small diameter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandax_25)
    Hmmm... Usually they give marks for micrometer screw gauge, for that particular experiment because the ball bearings halve a very small diameter.
    we have used a ball bearing which is very small as we need laminar flow in the tube.....
    so to measure diameter of a small ball , we need a more precise instrument .
    so micrometer was the answer....

ReputationRep:
    hey guyz for the anti nodes question ,
    i drew like this , so is it correct, any suggestions..
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helper OF ALL)
    hey guyz for the anti nodes question ,
    i drew like this , so is it correct, any suggestions..
    Yeah it's correct. I did the same thing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.