Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If my boyfriend goes on a ''lads holiday'' I'm leaving him Watch

Basically I've seen in messages between him and his mates that they've mentioned going abroad this year. My boyfriend has already cheated on me on a night out (I only know of 1 time) so I don't trust him at all. I do love him a lot though, that's why I stayed with him. But if he goes away with his mates I won't stay because I can almost guarantee he'll cheat.

It upsets me because he's changed so much since going to uni, he's like a different person. I know he's done drugs, cheated, he goes out multiple times in the week. So if he goes away I think we'd both be better off single so he can be free to do whatever he wants and I can be free of worrying/paranoia and everything.

ReputationRep:
    Life is too short to be attached to a piece of poo

ReputationRep:
    Just leave him now then. He might've cheated again and you don't even know it. If he's become a different person, he's not the person you started dating anymore is he? So why not just leave him now, despite the fact that you love him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically I've seen in messages between him and his mates that they've mentioned going abroad this year. My boyfriend has already cheated on me on a night out (I only know of 1 time) so I don't trust him at all. I do love him a lot though, that's why I stayed with him. But if he goes away with his mates I won't stay because I can almost guarantee he'll cheat.

It upsets me because he's changed so much since going to uni, he's like a different person. I know he's done drugs, cheated, he goes out multiple times in the week. So if he goes away I think we'd both be better off single so he can be free to do whatever he wants and I can be free of worrying/paranoia and everything.
    I honestly do not understand how you know for a fact he will cheat again and stay with him. Have you been living every week he goes out in fear that he will cheat one night?

Why are you staying with him apart from the fact that you love him? if it's 'fear of never finding someone like him again' then it should be hope not fear... why would you want someone like him again?!

ReputationRep:
    Leave him and save yourself the time waste

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you love him

ReputationRep:
    So he can never go anywhere without you again? Break up with him unless you plan on marrying him and chaining him to a table whenever you leave the house.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Why did you stay in the first place when he cheated? That's one thing which should have no tolerance or excuses.

ReputationRep:
    This is easier said then done , but I think you will be right to leave him, it'll be heartbreaking at first but as you said it'll save a lot of prolonged paranoia and pain x

ReputationRep:
    I only read the title nothing else, but yeah do leave him already because it means that you don't trust him.

ReputationRep:

Leave.

ReputationRep:
    If he's the sort of person to cheat, then it's probably going to happen on this holiday. The temptation is too great, due to the facts that 1) the opportunity will be there, and 2) that old adage "what happens on tour, stays on tour" - if it happens abroad, you're much less likely to find out about it.

In other words, kick that cheating motherf***er to the curb, sista
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    why are you with someone you don't trust?
    • TSR Support Team

You ain't happy clearly, you don't trust him plus he has already cheated on you. This is not a good relationship so probably best to leave now and save yourself further problems later.

ReputationRep:
    You can definitely do better :yy:
    • Very Important Poster

Sounds sensible. you arent likely to survive uni anyway. Find someone better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    If he's the sort of person to cheat, then it's probably going to happen on this holiday. The temptation is too great, due to the facts that 1) the opportunity will be there, and 2) that old adage "what happens on tour, stays on tour" - if it happens abroad, you're much less likely to find out about it.

In other words, kick that cheating motherf***er to the curb, sista
    That's not what it means at all.

"What happens on tour, stays on tour" means it didn't actually happen
    - so you can't actually be upset with someone for something that happened on tour.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Your fingertips are holding onto the cracks in your foundations and you know that you should let go but you can't. He thinks you must eat so many lemons because you're so bitter, but really you'd rather be with his friends (mate) coz they are much fitter. Given this, you should extricate yourself with all conjurable haste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    Why did you stay in the first place when he cheated?
    Sounds harsh, but OP hasn't got the bottle to actually do anything. Boyfriend could go on this lads holiday and cheat again and they'd take it.

That's one thing which should have no tolerance or excuses.
    Not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    That's not what it means at all.

"What happens on tour, stays on tour" means it didn't actually happen
    - so you can't actually be upset with someone for something that happened on tour.
    No it doesn't It's a saying used in numerous variations that acts as a pact between a group of traveling men, an agreement that anything that happens on the trip shall remain in confidence and not to be discussed by anyone outside of those participating.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.