Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If my boyfriend goes on a ''lads holiday'' I'm leaving him Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Not really.
    In what instances would cheating be acceptable?

ReputationRep:
    What's the point of staying with him? I truly believe people can change but I don't believe it will happen over night. In cases like yours I feel that later in life the cheater is more likely to be faithful to a future partner.

Once someone has cheated, things will never be the same again - Fact! The fact you have forgiven him before could possibly lead him to believe that you will brush it under the carpet again. Let him go on his lads holiday and leave him to his own devices. Gather some of your friends and go on a little girly holiday and enjoy yourself girl, more fish in the sea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    No it doesn't It's a saying used in numerous variations that acts as a pact between a group of traveling men, an agreement that anything that happens on the trip shall remain in confidence and not to be discussed by anyone outside of those participating.
    I know exactly what it means, and as far as I'm concerned, it means said event effectively did not occur and the subject can deny any allegation with clear conscience.

ReputationRep:
    Dump him.

ReputationRep:
    If chlamydia happens on tour it doesn't stay on tour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranktheYank)
    If chlamydia happens on tour it doesn't stay on tour.
    It does if you get tested.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should consider leaving him aswell. You can't trust him (and rightfully so! I wouldn't even remain with someone who cheated) and you say he's become different so why hang on to someone you're not happy with? You can live your life without him and find someone faithful if you choose to.

ReputationRep:
    You don't get to control him you know that right; if he wants to go, he will go and your whining won't stop him.

And as other people have pointed out, why are you still even with him if he's willing to cheat on other people. You're wasting your time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenigma)
    I honestly do not understand how you know for a fact he will cheat again and stay with him. Have you been living every week he goes out in fear that he will cheat one night?

Why are you staying with him apart from the fact that you love him? if it's 'fear of never finding someone like him again' then it should be hope not fear... why would you want someone like him again?!
    Jenigma you should test him and see does he cheat. Good girl x

OP, **** is not hard to come by. I'd say consider calling things a day. Don't cheat just because he did though, principles and all that.

ReputationRep:
    Wow...you got back with him knowing he cheated right in the country on a night out

but are willing to leave him thinking he will cheat going abroad on holiday

???

Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by elekro)
    I only read the title nothing else, but yeah do leave him already because it means that you don't trust him.
    you blanked my response in my other thread :cry:

ReputationRep:
    he does not deserve you honey

ReputationRep:
    Better for you is to leave him. Your life will be much better without him. You might doubt it but you will realise he wasnt the one.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be honest, you seem like the type that will go back out with him after his little "I'm sorry" blah de blah, leave him. Obviously he doesn't value you if he's already cheated and all that other ****.

ReputationRep:
    He cheated on you? Why go back to a cheater? Do you know how many men in the world there are? whom will cherish and love you and probably buy you a car? There's so many better options out there don't bully yourself darling xxx go for someone better or stay single and focus on healing yourself

ReputationRep:
    yeah people change when they go to uni, sometimes for the better but sometimes for the worse. If he isnt the person you know anymore and you dont trust him then it's time to leave him and move on, this shouldn't be based on whether he goes on a lads holiday or not. There are many good people out there, time to find them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Wow...you got back with him knowing he cheated right in the country on a night out

but are willing to leave him thinking he will cheat going abroad on holiday

???

Spoiler:
    Show

you blanked my response in my other thread :cry:

Oh I'm sorry I was half asleep xD Let me make up for it!

ReputationRep:
    He's taking you for a mug and you're allowing it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.