Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I tried to break up with my long term girlfriend the other day at her house, but I couldn't gather the confidence to tell her. She comes round my house fairly often, its this a okay place to break up and how can I gain the confidence/start the conversation with her?

ReputationRep:
    Have sex with her and be like ''that was really special'' ''You know why that was really special cheeky bum, because it was the last time it'll ever happen now GTFO'' :devil:

ReputationRep:
    Just come out and say it, it's unfair to her to carry on if your heart is no longer in it !
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Of course it is, somewhere private... Don't do a Jeremy Kyle sort of breakup and start breaking the furniture, just tell her you have something to tell her and then say why you want to break up.

ReputationRep:
    why do u wanna break up with her and how long hsve u been together for??
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Kernowtom)
    I tried to break up with my long term girlfriend the other day at her house, but I couldn't gather the confidence to tell her. She comes round my house fairly often, its this a okay place to break up and how can I gain the confidence/start the conversation with her?
    Do you think she knows? have you been arguing or both been unhappy? Have you tried to sort any issues out by talking to each other?

Best way would be somewhere neutral , such as going for a coffee. You could do it in the phone, but in person shows more respect imo. Text is just feeble in most instances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Of course it is, somewhere private...
    Nowhere too private, mind, you want witnesses if she goes psycho :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaylababesxx)
    why do u wanna break up with her and how long hsve u been together for??
    I don't feel the same way towards her anymore, 2 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Do it at the nursery and run off after
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    In that case, Jeremy Kyle it is
    • Political Ambassador

No way, not at your house, what if things get destroyed?? And you can't kick her out of the house. You have to finish it at her place so it can be quick and you can leave whenever you want.

Don't do it at a restaurant or any public place in case it turns out to be a mess, you don't want public attention, trust me, you don't know how she will react.

Her house is the best place to do it.

ReputationRep:
    Her house is the best and safest place to do it, in that way you wont be leaving her in a restaurant ect, but in an area where shes more comfortable:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Should I wait a while when she gets over, or should I tell her straight away?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.