Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not sure what to do for my degree Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello, guys. I am currently doing A Level and the subjects that I am taking is Physics, Chemistry, Economics and Maths. I'll be sitting for my AS exam soon in May/June.

However, I am still unsure on what I should consider for my degree. I thought about getting a degree in Maths but when I looked up about it, all the info just made me to lose my interest.

Second, I might wanna do a degree in Chemistry or English. I have always loved English but that's like my last option.

Can y'all help me out here on what I should consider, please?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure you can't do English at University without English Lit/combined at a level and if they do, you'll be at a big disadvantage because you don't have a single essay based subject.
    Chemistry is a better option given your choice of a levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie.mn)
    I'm pretty sure you can't do English at University without English Lit/combined at a level and if they do, you'll be at a big disadvantage because you don't have a single essay based subject.
    Chemistry is a better option given your choice of a levels.
    Oh, that's kinda disappointing. Well, are there any uni recommendations for Chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crulobre_24)
    X
    I don't know if you're shopping at this end of the market, but here's an example degree for the undecided:
    http://www.ucl.ac.uk/basc/prospective

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that's kinda disappointing. Well, are there any uni recommendations for Chemistry?
    You could do Medicine if your grades are good enough and there's not a specific biology requirement. Chemistry alone is good. There's so many choices. Economics could even be an option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie.mn)
    You could do Medicine if your grades are good enough and there's not a specific biology requirement. Chemistry alone is good. There's so many choices. Economics could even be an option.
    I am not interested in Medicine. Thank you so much for your suggestions

ReputationRep:
    I do maths, physics and economics too, plus f math. I just applied for economics and politics. It could be a suggestion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fastturtleneck)
    I do maths, physics and economics too, plus f math. I just applied for economics and politics. It could be a suggestion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool. Do you enjoy economics and politics?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hello, guys. I am currently doing A Level and the subjects that I am taking is Physics, Chemistry, Economics and Maths. I'll be sitting for my AS exam soon in May/June.

However, I am still unsure on what I should consider for my degree. I thought about getting a degree in Maths but when I looked up about it, all the info just made me to lose my interest.

Second, I might wanna do a degree in Chemistry or English. I have always loved English but that's like my last option.

Can y'all help me out here on what I should consider, please?
    Apply for one of these:
    http://www.etrust.org.uk/chemistry-a...-design-sussex
    http://www.etrust.org.uk/chemistry-kent-0

It'll give you a better idea of what is involved (and might direct you to something completely different).

ReputationRep:
    Cool. Do you enjoy economics and politics?
    I'm still waiting on offers for 2017 entry 😆 but I'm sure it'll be great

Or you can visit which?university's site, they have a course generator based on the subjects you study in a levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Consider a form of engineering--physics and maths and chemistry occur a lot within all disciplines of engineering. That could be chemical, aerospace, mechanical, electrical, and so forth. Or you could do a theory-based degree, like mathematics, or theoretical physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fastturtleneck)
    I'm still waiting on offers for 2017 entry 😆 but I'm sure it'll be great

Or you can visit which?university's site, they have a course generator based on the subjects you study in a levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All the best and thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.