Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have offers for both unis for Biochemistry and cannot decide between these two universities - they are both top unis and I would like some other opinions to help get a different perspective on them. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Imperial College London: No social life
    UCL: Social life

Choose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stoke123)
    Imperial College London: No social life
    UCL: Social life

Choose
    True I have heard this argument before but but other friends say that imperial is better for employability and academics and both being in london surely it can't be that bad a social life 😂

ReputationRep:
    Just because it's London it doesn't mean it has better social life, actually as a londoner there's so many people that it feels hard to connect with them. That's just my 2p though. Both are good universities so try visiting them and seeing how the area is.

ReputationRep:
    Imperial

ReputationRep:
    I know UCL is incredibly good for medicine and medicine related courses. Actually some people even say it is the second best for medicine after oxbridge. Both Imperial and UCL have great reputation internationally, so you shouldn't be worrying about the employment and academic side, but focus more on the course structure.

Which style of examination do you prefer? Do you prefer the modules that one of these two offers? Would you be happy living in the area for over three years? Do you like the learning environment in there?

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.