Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

so i have always loved visiting new places and intended to do that as soon as i was able. im in year 13 and have been saving up for a trip and spoke to couple of friends who were also interested in going abroad after exams. we had a skype call found a nice place we wanted to stay in berlin and were just waiting to see what the 4th friend thought and if the 3rd could go (needed to ask parents)

the third friend comes back refuses to rejoin the call and goes off on some tangent about how much things will cost while there (i am of course aware of this) and then decides she doesn't want to stay in a hotel after all and she wants to rent an apartment instead. two of us and my parents were against this as it is an unfamiliar country with a language none of us really speak. but the friend decides that she cant be bothered to discuss it and leaves the rest of us to talk when she was the one with the problem in the first place and had agreed with it all until then.

the next day no one spoke at all in our chat and me and the second friend are aware the more we wait the more we risk paying more than we need to and decide to book what we want leaving the other two to do that same because it was clear we wouldn't agree any time soon. i kind of feel bad but at the same time i wouldn't feel as comfortable in an apartment compared to a hotel and the longer we all continued to not agree the more we risked prices increasing.

now i dont know how to talk to the friend. im sorry it happened the way it did but im not sorry that i finally said enough was enough. i feel like over the years im constantly waiting for this friend and im glad i didnt this time like all the others

she wasnt cooperating and the only middleground was without fail much more costly as the friend also decided she didnt want to share a room. i just dont know how to talk to her about it

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about it, a hotel is a much better option even if it costs more! Most places offer breakfast and dinner so if you're stuck not knowing where to go, you'll always have somewhere. Me and my boyfriend went to Budapest last summer, and the hotel staff were great, they helped us with taxis and find stations etc.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.