Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

So I'm just starting to draft up my personal statement for PGCE Psychology courses. My problem is that I haven't done any school experience as of yet, but do plan to in the upcoming months/summer before the course starts. should I mention this in my personal statement to show my commitment. I don't want to wait until i have done to send off my application, because I've been told that the course will close as soon as it fills up to their target.

I appreciate all help/ advice from anyone in the same position or who've just done a secondary PGCE.
    Thank you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    It's difficult to write a good application if you haven't been in a secondary school yet - can you not do some before you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Interrobang*)
    It's difficult to write a good application if you haven't been in a secondary school yet - can you not do some before you apply?
    I will try to do one or two days soon but I'm not 100% i'll have the time during the week. plus as I said before I don't want the application to end prior to me applying because I'm waiting for some experience. The website says a min 5 days before enrolling, at least 1 day before the interview. so I'm guessing they still consider you if you tell them you have some experience planned?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rm03)
    I will try to do one or two days soon but I'm not 100% i'll have the time during the week. plus as I said before I don't want the application to end prior to me applying because I'm waiting for some experience. The website says a min 5 days before enrolling, at least 1 day before the interview. so I'm guessing they still consider you if you tell them you have some experience planned?
    Yeah just having even one day will be helpful, as you can learn a lot in a day about what it's like to be a teacher. Although class-based experience is also better for showing your skills if you can, showing you have an understanding of teaching is important

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Interrobang*)
    Yeah just having even one day will be helpful, as you can learn a lot in a day about what it's like to be a teacher. Although class-based experience is also better for showing your skills if you can, showing you have an understanding of teaching is important
    Yeah, thank you for your help. I will try to get some in the next few weeks after I've sorted my schedule out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.