My GF surprised me by enlarging her breasts, I want to break up with her Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    They were her savings too..
    Sure some of it was but some of it was the OP's
    In my mind it's akin to theft

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334)
    There is a third catogary which is overlooked.
    Personality.
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    Guessing this isn't real given a boob job takes weeks to heal from so I doubt she 'surprised you' right afterwards :/ she'd have had to disappear for a couple of weeks first. Plus you had enough SHARED savings after 1 year together for her to buy a boob job? If that's actually true you need to seriously rethink your financial situation in relationships.
    I was just talking about what men look for in a woman physically. Obviously personality is important but that isnt what was being talked about.

ReputationRep:
    RIP to all the serious replies on this thread :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, tits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We have been together for 1 year now and she has always been extremely insecure about her assets, especially her breasts. I've reassured her many times that her figure is nice. Yesterday she surprised be with her enlarged breasts, I was in utter disbelief.They look fake and plastic now, like the ones Z list celebrities have. That is not even my main concern, she went behind my back and spent most our saving. She didn't even warn me or mention anything about enlarging them. I'm now contemplating on whether to break up with her or not, but im struggling to look at her now. I don't find her attractive now. How would you approach this?, cause I haven't spoken to her since yesterday
    I think you should remind her of how perfect you thought she was. Tell her that if it's the two of you dating, then she should care about your thoughts on her body, not what anyone else thinks about it. You've made it through a whole year together, I don't think you should break up.
    Just get her to understand where she went wrong, and start amending it from there.
    Make light of the situation, and together you can work towards earning back all your savings. Because that part did really suck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Thought ass was more important.
    Some boys prefer both or one or the other really.

ReputationRep:
    When my wife first had it done they were rock solid. But after a few weeks and plenty of massaging, they now look and feel perfect.

(Original post by XOR_)
    Fake boobs are grosssssss :puke:
    Before or after.
    Vote now!

(Original post by FranktheYank)
    Get penis enlargement surgery.

That'll teach her.
    She probably has a bigger penis than her 'boy' friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranktheYank)
    Get penis enlargement surgery.

That'll teach her.
    However much she betrayed your trust in using your shared savings, you shouldn't turn this into a vicious tit-for-tat (no pun intended) where each person is trying to get one over the other (again, no pun intended). This is incredibly harmful to the relationship and will ruin memories of 'the good times' that you had with that person if you should break up.
    Also, who has a shared bank account after a year? What? You must be living together or having an insane amount of trust for each other. If that's the case, I would have assumed you would have noticed since having breast enlargement is a serious operation and required a period of healing time.

ReputationRep:
    But was it her money she spent. Mmmmmm may be not,also sounds like she does not listern to you. So dump her

[QUOTE=Anonymous;69506762]We have been together for 1 year now and she has always been extremely insecure about her assets, especially her breasts. I've reassured her many times that her figure is nice. Yesterday she surprised be with her enlarged breasts, I was in utter disbelief.They look fake and plastic now, like the ones Z list celebrities have. That is not even my main concern, she went behind my back and spent most our saving. She didn't even warn me or mention anything about enlarging them. I'm now contemplating on whether to break up with her or not, but im struggling to look at her now. I don't find her attractive now. How would you approach this?, cause I haven't spoken to her since yesterday[/QUOTE
    You've two choices, 1. Leave her. 2. Enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Just sit here down and talk about it. Be open about your feelings and ask reason for using your money. Yes some of it is hers but not all of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cecelia Tallice)
    You shouldn't share finances until a relationship has matured, preferably after longer than a year. You never know what is going to happen. The fact that she thought she would please you by doing this suggests she doesn't feel good enough for you and is insecure about her body because of this. Some girls consider enhancing boobs to give better tit jobs, have nicer cleavage in clothing or because of influences in social media or magazines. But I think that, for you to say that you don't find her attractive anymore because of her new breasts is outrageous of you. You should value so much more about her than what her boobs are like, when it comes to attraction. Your attraction to her facial appearance, personality and attributes should outweigh any attraction to single assets. She did breach the trust you had by doing this, spending the money without consent and without communicating she felt the need to enhance her boobs. For a relationship to work you need to have trust, be able to tell each other anything and you should love for who the person is, not just how they look ,no matter what. A slight change to her body shouldn't mean you no longer find her attractive! Supposing it was an injury or burn... Would you no longer be attracted to her because of that change to her body? In my relationship I feel better about my body and don't feel any kind of need to alter it because I know that he loves me the way I am. By all means dump her if this really has impacted that much on how you feel about her. But before you do think back on the past year and what your life would be like without her. Then ask yourself if you really want to be without her.
    About the most sensible comment I've read in the entire TSR! Respect!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I wouldn't care but if she knew you were fine with her tits and then she enlarged them, there is chance she has a plan in attracting other males. If so-break up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Recont)
    Personally I wouldn't care but if she knew you were fine with her tits and then she enlarged them, there is chance she has a plan in attracting other males. If so-break up.
    Tsr love telling people to break up

ReputationRep:
    Hope this is a troll. My view is keep it real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donereh)
    About the most sensible comment I've read in the entire TSR! Respect!
    Awwh thank you! That's such a lovely thing to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cecelia Tallice)
    Awwh thank you! That's such a lovely thing to say.
    You are welcome Cecelia.

ReputationRep:
    That does sound about right,also did she ever have feeling for you?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.