Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can any one give me advice please? I had my medical on the 30th of November and the doctor said I had a slight problem with my left ear. The hearing test was performed in a normal office with no sound proofing and I could hear the buses stopping outside on the main road and people talking in the room next door. So having been waiting all over the Xmas period for an update, on the 3rd of January I spoke to my afco who informed me there was told I had been made temporarily unfit for dutie. Then still not having received any written evidence I rang afco again yesterday and was told I am now permanantly unfit for dutie and can't even go for my second and third choice roles. But still not been told anything why and what the problem is. Has anybody experienced this and been told this and can it be overturned? I have since been to a normal hearing test at boots and was told I had nothing wrong with my ears.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get information about a paperwork review? On the 12th of December I was made TMU but I was only last week I heard anything from the RAF saying they were requesting my medical records from my GP and then that I would have a review to see if I was fit or TMU, which is tomorrow. Since I don't have to attend they said they would contact me with the decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casper16)
    Did you get information about a paperwork review? On the 12th of December I was made TMU but I was only last week I heard anything from the RAF saying they were requesting my medical records from my GP and then that I would have a review to see if I was fit or TMU, which is tomorrow. Since I don't have to attend they said they would contact me with the decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not had any thing in writing and I have been the one trying to speak to afco and can't seem to get any info from capita really being messed around and being kept in the dark.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.