Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've received 4/5 offers for university, only one being quite far from where I live so I'm not considering that one at the moment. The three universities I'm having trouble choosing from are Essex (Colchester), Greenwich and East London. Yes, I know they're not very high in the league tables but I like what they have to offer in terms of the course I want (Psychology), accommodation and location.
    UEL is about 10minutes away from me which is good but I don't know if I want to stay within my current area as it's not really a big change. Greenwich location is not a problem either and Essex university is close to a family member's house so I can stay with them.
    I want to live in the university halls too, I've checked the pricing for accommodation at each university and they're round about the same, Essex being a little cheaper.

So I was wondering if anyone has been to/ still at any of these universities, who can give me some insight on what the university is like? All opinions are welcome and even anything that I should consider when choosing.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissIntrov)
    Hi,

I've received 4/5 offers for university, only one being quite far from where I live so I'm not considering that one at the moment. The three universities I'm having trouble choosing from are Essex (Colchester), Greenwich and East London. Yes, I know they're not very high in the league tables but I like what they have to offer in terms of the course I want (Psychology), accommodation and location.
    UEL is about 10minutes away from me which is good but I don't know if I want to stay within my current area as it's not really a big change. Greenwich location is not a problem either and Essex university is close to a family member's house so I can stay with them.
    I want to live in the university halls too, I've checked the pricing for accommodation at each university and they're round about the same, Essex being a little cheaper.

So I was wondering if anyone has been to/ still at any of these universities, who can give me some insight on what the university is like? All opinions are welcome and even anything that I should consider when choosing.

Thanks!
    Hi!

I'm currently a student at Essex so I'll try my best to give you a bit of an insight. First off Essex is actually ranked 13th in the UK for its psychology research which has been rated as world leading!

I can't speak for the other unis but I think the accommodation at Essex is really good value! I lived on campus in first year in the Towers accommodation. It's the cheapest accommodation that Essex offers and I had an amazing experience there. I lived with 12 other people but you could be living with up to 15 others depending on which tower it is. This might seem quite daunting but my flat felt like family by the end of the year and immediately you have loads of friends when you move in. The bathrooms are shared but no one in our flat never had any problems with this, there was always a free bathroom. If you want an en suite then you can go for either South Courts, the Houses, Meadows or Quays. These are slightly more expensive and fewer people live in these flats, usually around 6.

The campus at Essex has a great atmosphere too. You'll usually bump into someone that you know. I've had many spontaneous lunches in the SU because of this! It really is a great place to spend 3 years doing a degree!

Hope this helped! If you have anymore questions, ask away!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thanks!
    Have a look at Brunel we get London funding but rent is cheaper meaning a healthier bank balanace and less stress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    Have a look at Brunel we get London funding but rent is cheaper meaning a healthier bank balanace and less stress
    I've already sent off my application and got an offer for Essex 😬

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thanks!
    Anglia Ruskin

ReputationRep:
    I've already sent off my application and got an offer for Essex 😬
    If you have a slot left you get 5 you can add it

ReputationRep:
    dont go to Greenwich ur east London there both crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaylababesxx)
    dont go to Greenwich ur east London there both crap
    Oh?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.