Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I desperately want to be successful Watch

ReputationRep:
    I desperately want to be successful. And fast, prefereably!

Any ideas how?

ReputationRep:
    Success + fast don't go hand in hand. You have to work hard, be consistent, set clear defined goals and focus.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Take the Kim Kardashian route or the Summer15 route, it is up to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)

Any ideas how?
    You need to tell us more, do you want to start a business or do you want to be successful in your career or something else???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAlphaParticle)
    You need to tell us more, do you want to start a business or do you want to be successful in your career or something else???
    I don't really mind, as long as I enjoy it and it's successful.

ReputationRep:

Any ideas how?
    Don't be unsuccessful

ReputationRep:
    I don't really mind, as long as I enjoy it and it's successful.
    Then you're already failing. Successful people, among many other things, have a very clear idea of what success looks like to them. How do you expect to be successful when you don't even know what you want?

Contrary to popular belief, fast and success can go together. Most people mistake fast for easy though. Take get rich quick schemes for example. They claim you can "earn £100,000 a month for 4 hours of work". This is not get rich quick. This is get rich easy. Get rich quick is accomplishable in 5 years but never going to be easy. You can build a company that is bringing in £1,000,000 per year within 5 years. People have done (and have done so much more). But if fast to you means next year then it probably won't happen (but it has before). Unless sucess means something you can accomplish in a year. You can spend 10 years working your way up a company and be hugely successful there. Both can be done in 20 or 50 years as well.

If you're serious then you need to act serious. Being desperate won't get you there. Wanting it won't get you there. Not caring as long as you enjoy it and you're successful certainly won't get you there. I recommend starting by reading books and learning how other people become successful. I'd recommend Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss, which shares information from over 100 successful people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.