The Student Room Group

Medicine at Uni

Hi,
I'm considering to go into medicine after my A levels, I'm just wondering if the workload is manageable? and also what do you find the hardest about a medicine degree e.g. understanding concepts or the amount of material to learn?

Thanks
Original post by Gian ilagan
Hi,
I'm considering to go into medicine after my A levels, I'm just wondering if the workload is manageable? and also what do you find the hardest about a medicine degree e.g. understanding concepts or the amount of material to learn?

Thanks

It is manageable, but you have to be organised and work consistently. It's not like other degrees where you can say "welp, I've passed the end-of-module exam, guess I can forget about that subject forever then".

The concepts aren't particularly difficult to understand either.
Reply 2
Original post by Democracy
It is manageable, but you have to be organised and work consistently. It's not like other degrees where you can say "welp, I've passed the end-of-module exam, guess I can forget about that subject forever then".

The concepts aren't particularly difficult to understand either.

Hi Democracy,
Thanks for your response, I've also got another question which is different to my question on this question but it is still about medicine. So I am in year 12 and I'm still a bit unsure if medicine is for me, do you know if I'm supposed to already have chosen a course in mind or is it ok to keep exploring different courses? btw i took Biology, Chemistry and Physics
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gian ilagan
Hi Democracy,
Thanks for your response, I've also got another question which is different to my question on this question but it is still about medicine. So I am in year 12 and I'm still a bit unsure if medicine is for me, do you know if I'm supposed to already have chosen a course in mind or is it ok to keep exploring different courses? btw i took Biology, Chemistry and Physics

It's definitely okay to keep an open mind and think about different options. Getting work experience, doing research, talking topeople who've done the courses you're interested in (like you're doing right now) are all the way to go. There's no need to rush.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending