The wifi in my apartment is ****ing ****

Watch
zezember
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I moved into this apartment for second year and the Wi-Fi is awful, on my phones and my laptop. Sometimes it's connected, but internet is really slow. Or it just disconnects randomly. It is not good for me!

There are about 4 different wifis I can connect to (with the same password) and that doesn't make it any better. Sometimes it says strength is 'excellent ' but it doesn't even connect.

What's even worse, there is a plusnet modem in the kitchen, but that is not what my Wi-Fi connects to, because the ones I do connect to are virgin media, not plusnet, so I'm wondering why is that modem even in out flat for?

Also it's nothing to do with other flatmates using the Wi-Fi, because I've been on my own for the Christmas holidays so no one else was using it.

I messaged my landlord about it and they just said 'connect to the 5g one' which doesn't help at all, because my current phone doesn't connect to it at all, and my laptop cannot get 5g.

What is going on? I can't even leave my apartment because of the contract but I've had to deal with it since the beginning of second year and have to lump it til second year finishes. It is a lot of trouble as I have to use 4g internet from my phone when I cannot get the Wi-Fi to work.
John10101
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I feel sorry for you :/ just keep messaging the landlord to fix it
zezember
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
2 of the wifis are 2g, and the other 2 are 5g. Yes I know the 5g ones don't show on my laptop.

It would be difficult to connect next to the router since I don't even know where it is located (the modem in the kitchen is not where my Wi-Fi connects to).

I noticed on yik yak, some people from the other side of town are experiencing similar bad Wi-Fi issues with the same provider (virgin media ).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (44)
36.67%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
10%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.17%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
24.17%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (20)
16.67%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.33%

Watched Threads