Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Early team of the year Watch

ReputationRep:
    We're roughly at the half way point in the season, who's in everyone's team of the year? Mine is:

Pickford, Azpi, Luiz, Van Dijk, Rose, Mane, Coutinho, Kante, Hazard, Sanchez, Me

Bench: Heaton, Valencia, Davies, Fernandinho, Lallana, De Bruyne, Ibrahimovic

YPOTS: Pickford
    POTS: Costa

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you've been fantastic this season.

ReputationRep:
    Phillips? Aké? Eriksen/Alli? What are Davies and Fernandinho doing there?

ReputationRep:
    (4-3-3) Pickford, Walker, Luiz, van Dijk, Rose, Kanté, Henderson, Lallana, Mané, Costa, Hazard

Subs: Heaton, Keane, Azpilicueta, Gueye, Alli, Sanchez, Ibrahimovic
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Using the official POTY format i.e 442 and not necessarily a working formation

Pickford
    Valencia Luiz VanDijk Rose
    Sanchez Kante Coutinho Hazard
    Costa Ibrahimovic

ReputationRep:
    Pickford
    Bellerin Kosch Luiz Azpi
    Sanchez Kante De Bruyene Hazard
    Costa Ibrahimovic

Subs: Couthinho, Mane, Alli,Kane, Giroud, Heaton and Defoe

ReputationRep:
    For an England newbie playing in goal for a relegation team to be considered in team of the year is already saying quite a lot...

ReputationRep:
    If we're not using a working formation then Azpilicueta is there at RB every single day of the week.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    For an England newbie playing in goal for a relegation team to be considered in team of the year is already saying quite a lot...
    Who else is there though? De Gea usually wins this but as good as he is, he's not really stood out this season now he has a better team ahead of him. Courtois is back on form too but again, look at what's in front of him.

Heaton at Burnley has been excellent too, but I think Pickford shades it. Not sure if he's ready for a move to a big club but Liverpool should be all over him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Who else is there though? De Gea usually wins this but as good as he is, he's not really stood out this season now he has a better team ahead of him. Courtois is back on form too but again, look at what's in front of him.

Heaton at Burnley has been excellent too, but I think Pickford shades it. Not sure if he's ready for a move to a big club but Liverpool should be all over him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Liverpool have had the same GK coach since Pepe Reina (when he turned to ****), so I'm not so sure we are a good place for Pickford to develop, he may end up regressing..

ReputationRep:
    Lloris

Walker Van Dijk Luiz Azpi

Mane Kante De Bruyne Hazard

Costa Zlatan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJenkz)
    Phillips? Aké? Eriksen/Alli? What are Davies and Fernandinho doing there?
    Ake has started eight games which isn't enough, Eriksen was pretty poor until the first Chelsea game and Alli isn't that great, he just has better numbers as he's played further forward.

Phillips was a consideration but I couldn't place him ahead of Mane, Hazard or Lallana
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Liverpool have had the same GK coach since Pepe Reina (when he turned to ****), so I'm not so sure we are a good place for Pickford to develop, he may end up regressing..
    Every keeper Liverpool have seems to lack consistency. Freidel James Westerveld Dudek Carson Kirkland off the top of my head prior to Reina.

Where else does he go though? Man United Chelsea Spurs and Arsenal all have two keepers and I can't see Guardiola going after him. Even going down to the midtable teams there's only really Everton & possibly West Ham who need another goalie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Every keeper Liverpool have seems to lack consistency. Freidel James Westerveld Dudek Carson Kirkland off the top of my head prior to Reina.

Where else does he go though? Man United Chelsea Spurs and Arsenal all have two keepers and I can't see Guardiola going after him. Even going down to the midtable teams there's only really Everton & possibly West Ham who need another goalie.
    Well we already have Karius who is 23, so if we do sell Mignolet then we are left with two inexperienced goal keepers which is not ideal, Karius needs more time to give us confidence that he should start week in week out and it would be the same with Pickford. Pickford has to also fit what Klopp wants from his keeper (eg playing from the back, play with a high line infront etc), I can't comment on if he does fit as I haven't seen much of him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Well we already have Karius who is 23, so if we do sell Mignolet then we are left with two inexperienced goal keepers which is not ideal, Karius needs more time to give us confidence that he should start week in week out and it would be the same with Pickford. Pickford has to also fit what Klopp wants from his keeper (eg playing from the back, play with a high line infront etc), I can't comment on if he does fit as I haven't seen much of him.
    He leaves his line a lot at Sunderland so could probably play with a high line in front of him. As for his goal kicks, most of them are just aimed at whichever side that Anichebe is on, so he might be able to pass it out but idk.

ReputationRep:
    I remember the last goalkeeper Liverpool bought from Sunderland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    I remember the last goalkeeper Liverpool bought from Sunderland.
    It's a bit easier for keepers at lower clubs to look better as there's less scrutiny and they can usually look good by making loads of saves, where their concentration isn't really tested.

ReputationRep:
    Who makes it into your premier league team of the season?

Formation either 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

Mine - 4-3-3;
    GK: Pickford
    RB: Rose
    CB: David Luiz
    CB: Alderweireld
    LB: Walker
    CM: Coutinho
    CM: Kante
    CM: Herrera
    LW: Hazard
    CF: Costa
    RW: Sanchez

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heaton
    Rose - Alderweireld - Van Dijk - Milner
    Lallana - Kante - Dembélé - Hazard
    Costa - Sánchez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhfn)
    Who makes it into your premier league team of the season?

Formation either 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

Mine - 4-3-3;
    GK: Pickford
    RB: Rose
    CB: David Luiz
    CB: Alderweireld
    LB: Walker
    CM: Coutinho
    CM: Kante
    CM: Herrera
    LW: Hazard
    CF: Costa
    RW: Sanchez

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Rose at RB and Walker at LB? Don't ever show your face in this forum again. Otherwise, we'll have a problem.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.