The Student Room Group

Chemistry 2017 IGCSE January paper.

How did everyone find the Chemistry 2017 IGCSE Paper 1 exam ? I found it difficult. Anyone else find it difficult too ?
I sat the exam this January. I found it ok but i don't really judge exams very well! Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?
Yeah the exam was diffult ;( I wonder what's on paper 2
I just did my mocks for Chemistry AQA IGCSE and they were both called 'Jan 2017'.
There was a 6 marker on making salts, and at the end questions about equilibrium - that's all I can remeber from paper 1 right now...
Did we do the same paper as you guys then despite our exam being internal, or was yours different?
Original post by Study9
How did everyone find the Chemistry 2017 IGCSE Paper 1 exam ? I found it difficult. Anyone else find it difficult too ?

Did you do Edexcel or AQA
Reply 5
I did edexcel. I hope paper 2 is easier. But because im new to igcse i dont understand what is the difference between paper 1 and paper 2 (apart from how many hours it is). I only started revising the igcse syllabus 3 weeks ago because at my school im doing gcse and not igcse.
Original post by Study9
I did edexcel. I hope paper 2 is easier. But because im new to igcse i dont understand what is the difference between paper 1 and paper 2 (apart from how many hours it is). I only started revising the igcse syllabus 3 weeks ago because at my school im doing gcse and not igcse.

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/International%20GCSE/Chemistry/2011/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/9780997864786_INT_GCSE_CHEM_SPECSAMS_ISS5_comb.PDF

If you read through the specification, it tells you what is included in Paper 2. Hope this helps!
Original post by Study9

Paper 1 (1.5 hrs) is the normal paper and paper 2 (1 hr) is the more How Science Works based paper i.e. more analysing graphs and experiments.
You still need knowlegde for paper 2 but typically there is less revision you can do for it; you just need to do alot of practice papers to improve your experimet description and analysis skills etc
You'll get questions like...
What relationship does this graph show (2)
Explain how to do an experiment to show X (6)
How can the accuracy/ precision of this experiment be improved? (2)
Explain why there was an anomolous piece of data (2)
Etc etc.
Omg same I only started revising the syllabus 3 3 weeks ago and the exam was just ...
Reply 9
Ok thankyou very much koala789 this is great help👍🤗

And thankyou aishah7130 for the specification 👍👍

I know how you feel ninagabriella, it was quite challenging. Hopefully paper 2 goes alright ?
Original post by Study9
Ok thankyou very much koala789 this is great help👍🤗

And thankyou aishah7130 for the specification 👍👍

I know how you feel ninagabriella, it was quite challenging. Hopefully paper 2 goes alright ?

Yeah hopefully !! Chemistry just seems so hard and the exam is only 1hour that isn't enough time to write so much ugh
How did you all find paper 2?
SAME!!! where can you find the mark scheme for that paper??

Quick Reply

Latest