Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In the letter I received, it says:

"We understand that another college is likely to accept you."
    Does this mean I am guaranteed a place at another college?

The end of the letter also says, "Congratulations on your success; I hope that you will enjoy your time at Oxford University."

ReputationRep:
    Same, but by e mail. Heard nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    No it said likely not 'is accepting you 'or 'will be accepting you' on the letter.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I reckon you've got an offer on the way, only not from the college you got the letter/email from (which I imagine is the college you applied to). Your offering college will be in touch to make the actual offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anfanny)
    No it said likely not 'is accepting you 'or 'will be accepting you' on the letter.
    But why would they say they hope I enjoy my time at Oxford then?

ReputationRep:
    You got an offer. But it's not unconditional? I have interpreted you as saying that you meant they are giving you an offer which is not guaranteed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcjadmjksadk)
    But why would they say they hope I enjoy my time at Oxford then?
    They are covering their backs in case there's been an administrative error. You probably have an offer, and should hear soon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.