Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been on the search for work experience (pharmacies, hospitals, dentists, GPs) for a while now, and recently I went to Boots Pharmacy and they offered me a place, but in RETAIL (to do with stocking up the shelves,...), since they don't allow work experience in the back in the actual pharmacy. I really want to go into the medical field when I go to university, but I don't know whether I should take this offer in the pharmacy? Will it be a benefit for when I go to university? Or should I look for something else?
    Does anyonw know a good place to do work experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by check.mate)
    I've been on the search for work experience (pharmacies, hospitals, dentists, GPs) for a while now, and recently I went to Boots Pharmacy and they offered me a place, but in RETAIL (to do with stocking up the shelves,...), since they don't allow work experience in the back in the actual pharmacy. I really want to go into the medical field when I go to university, but I don't know whether I should take this offer in the pharmacy? Will it be a benefit for when I go to university? Or should I look for something else?
    Does anyonw know a good place to do work experience?
    Doesn't sound worth it tbh, you need to do experience where you see what it is like to be a medical professional that you want to be. If you want to work in a pharmacy stacking shelves then it'd be ideal experience but something tells me that's not what you want to do haha. The go-to experience for any medical field will be either a hospital or work experience at somewhere like AstraZeneca. AstraZeneca is a good one, but might be quite hard to get onto. Ideally, you need to get work experience in the field you want to go into, if it's research then you want to go to labs, if it's front-line medicine then you want to do experience at GPs/hospitals. With regard to hospitals, I'd recommend hospitals in london, as they're very big and often accept many work experience students every week. But teaching hospitals anywhere are probably the same. You get very good experience too, I had an amazing experience at a hospital in london, you see a lot of cool stuff and get taught a lot

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.