Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am lonely Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    No one even wished me merry christmas. I have NEVER had friends to celebrate my birthday with. I am so conscious of being lonely, and that there is nothing I can do about it.

ReputationRep:
    Me neither blad.

ReputationRep:
    Same.

ReputationRep:
    No one wants to speak to me anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DailyMailIsALiar)
    No one even wished me merry christmas. I have NEVER had friends to celebrate my birthday with. I am so conscious of being lonely, and that there is nothing I can do about it.
    Aw I'm sorry. :hugs:, I hope you had a merry Christmas.

All of you !

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

(Original post by Carthaginian)
    Same.
    (Original post by Jay Jay Jetplane)
    Me neither blad.

ReputationRep:
    No one wants to speak to me anymore
    Why've you still not replied to any of the messages I've put on your threads, don't you think that's a bit rude? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Christmas is crap and birthdays are even worse. Just learn to enjoy the solitude a bit, then you'll be less miserable and other people will be more drawn to you.

My girlfriend is away so I'm sat in the chair on my laptop listening to YouTube clips of random debates and enjoying the ecig I spend the morning getting myself so I can quit smoking (Pancakes, Maple Syrup and Pecans - 10/10). Just find ways to occupy your time and get to know yourself a bit. The rest will come once you stop being so preoccupied with what you see as a giant gaping hole in your soul.

ReputationRep:
    Theres no such thing as having "friends" till you get to Uni lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmic angel)
    Why've you still not replied to any of the messages I've put on your threads, don't you think that's a bit rude? :mad:
    I had someone who pretended to be my friend, but turned out to be mean to me. I am so lonely. I am worried that people who speak to me may turn out to b mean. I am lonely. I cannot be happy, as i will never make friends.

ReputationRep:
    K.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    Christmas is crap and birthdays are even worse. Just learn to enjoy the solitude a bit, then you'll be less miserable and other people will be more drawn to you.

My girlfriend is away so I'm sat in the chair on my laptop listening to YouTube clips of random debates and enjoying the ecig I spend the morning getting myself so I can quit smoking (Pancakes, Maple Syrup and Pecans - 10/10). Just find ways to occupy your time and get to know yourself a bit. The rest will come once you stop being so preoccupied with what you see as a giant gaping hole in your soul.
    At least you have a girlfriend - no one lives me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmic angel)
    That moment when you're rejected by the loneliest man alive.

ReputationRep:
    Ok we get it you're baiting us, Jesus!

ReputationRep:
    I think you're missing the point. I'm enjoying the alone time. I'm appreciating it. If you get a bit of perspective and see that actually, solitude can be pleasant, you're going to be a more attractive person to be around because you won't be so consumed by self-pity. And the more attractive you are to be around, the less you're going to be forced to be on your own.

I'm not without sympathy. I know how you feel. I used to feel the same. But self-pitying is an ugly, destructive pastime and the only way to get out of it is to force yourself to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.