Size:  299.3 KBWhy is the answer D?
    I'd appreciate an explanation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah99630)
    Name:  20170111_201055.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  299.3 KBWhy is the answer D?
    I'd appreciate an explanation
    Note that the Newton's 3rd law pair act on different bodies, whereas the Newton's 1st law pair act on the same body.

Both the weight and the Normal reaction act on the apple, whereas the Reaction and Push act on different bodies (reaction acts on apple, Push acts on ground)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solC)
    Note that the Newton's 3rd law pair act on different bodies, whereas the Newton's 1st law pair act on the same body.

Both the weight and the Normal reaction act on the apple, whereas the Reaction and Push act on different bodies (reaction acts on apple, Push acts on ground)
    Aha i get it.Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Not relevant to OP but that's a pretty shocking question IMO - when I was doing A level I was told not to bother memorising which of newtons laws said what because it was just useless rote learning of an arbitrary list order... it was understanding what they meant and the ability use that understanding to perform calculations which would be tested.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.