Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it worth a shot applying to LSE with predicted AAA for law? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I should take a gamble and apply or play safe with AAA predictions and ABB AS grades?

Any insights will be appreciated.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tahmim14)
    Do you think I should take a gamble and apply or play safe with AAA predictions and ABB AS grades?

Thanks!
    Don't expect anything, but if you really have a free space available for LSE then why not.

ReputationRep:
    A*AA for Cambridge, surely AAA for LSE is fine?

ReputationRep:
    What about Law And Anthropology at LSE? Their requirements are AAB. If I apply to Law and get rejected, is there a chance I'll be offered a place for Law and Anthropology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)
    A*AA for Cambridge, surely AAA for LSE is fine?
    LSE's entry requirement is A*AA. Applying without that as your predicted is just wasting a slot. OP's going to get rejected.

What about Law And Anthropology at LSE? Their requirements are AAB. If I apply to Law and get rejected, is there a chance I'll be offered a place for Law and Anthropology?
    Yes, even though bear in mind that most Law and Anthro people also have decent grades, and in most cases actually met the A*AA requirement (their first preference was straight law). The fact that an entry requirement is AAB doesn't mean that you'll be up against people who are only predicted that.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not as hard to get into as Cambridge. Would say it's worth a shot. I know people at LSE with grades like yours, they got in just fine.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all your advice, especially JohnGreek.

I've applied for law at LSE, purely on blind faith, In Shaa Allah. I know the chances are slim on getting in, but I've played safe with all my other choices and I couldn't resist

ReputationRep:

Thanks!
    Always worth a shot using a spare slot on applying for the country's best uni.

And you can trust me when I call it that because I don't go there.

And I'm seriously salty about it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.