Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anybody else have any 'weird' allergies? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering because I'm allergic to beef. People think that is unusual and tbh I haven't heard of it before.

Do you have any allergies that people might consider weird?

ReputationRep:
    Apple, mango, pineapple, peach, plum, raw carrots and dairy (probably my most normal allergy!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    Apple, mango, pineapple, peach, plum, raw carrots and dairy (probably my most normal allergy!)
    That's quite a few. Do you find it difficult keeping away from them? Yeah dairy probably is a pretty normal one.

I was wondering how you found out you were allergic to those?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spirited-Sleeper)
    I was wondering because I'm allergic to beef. People think that is unusual and tbh I haven't heard of it before.

Aspartame. Wheat. Barely, Oats.

ReputationRep:
    That's quite a few. Do you find it difficult keeping away from them? Yeah dairy probably is a pretty normal one.

I was wondering how you found out you were allergic to those?
    Yeah I'm also allergic to cats/dogs and a few other things but I can't think of them off the top of my head :P Don't find it difficult to keep away from the things I'm allergic to because I just avoid them! I discovered my food allergies through eating them and the reactions that followed. My allergy to dairy isn't really that bad though, so usually I have it anyway and I'm mostly fine.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Kiwi fruit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parrot16)
    Aspartame. Wheat. Barely, Oats.
    Are you celiac? I was wondering about that because i got tested for it, but I'm not. However, I do definitely have an intolerance to wheat products/ gluten. I try and avoid it as much as possible and if I do have it I don't hit the heavy stuff like pasta and only do it occasionally.

(Original post by TheTechN1304)
    Yeah I'm also allergic to cats/dogs and a few other things but I can't think of them off the top of my head :P Don't find it difficult to keep away from the things I'm allergic to because I just avoid them! I discovered my food allergies through eating them and the reactions that followed. My allergy to dairy isn't really that bad though, so usually I have it anyway and I'm mostly fine.
    I'm allergic to cats I think, not dogs though. Be a bit unfortunate if I was as I have quite a few!
    I didn't used to be allergic to beef but I had it this time and I came out in hives all over my body and my lips puffed up pretty badly. I looked like one of those celebs with the excessive botox haha erm

ReputationRep:
    Garlic, onions and chives. Annoying as hell, because pretty much every savoury snack on the market has garlic or onion in the seasoning.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I was allergic to chicken when I was a baby.

Thankfully I'm not allergic anymore!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I appear to allergic to an additive of some sort. Still no closer to working out exactly which one though. Which makes it so hard to avoid. Annoying!

ReputationRep:
    I'm allergic to a type of grass called Timothy grass. My cousin is also allergic to citrus
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I have a severe allergy to peanuts. I know peanut allergies aren't uncommon but the severity of my allergy is rather annoying. It's so much effort having to go to hospital every time I eat something that has peanuts in.

ReputationRep:
    No allergies but lactose intolerant. Not weird I guess but people think I'm weird for not eating dairy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.