Turn on thread page Beta

Does anybody else have any 'weird' allergies? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering because I'm allergic to beef. People think that is unusual and tbh I haven't heard of it before.

Do you have any allergies that people might consider weird?

ReputationRep:
    Apple, mango, pineapple, peach, plum, raw carrots and dairy (probably my most normal allergy!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    Apple, mango, pineapple, peach, plum, raw carrots and dairy (probably my most normal allergy!)
    That's quite a few. Do you find it difficult keeping away from them? Yeah dairy probably is a pretty normal one.

I was wondering how you found out you were allergic to those?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spirited-Sleeper)
    I was wondering because I'm allergic to beef. People think that is unusual and tbh I haven't heard of it before.

Aspartame. Wheat. Barely, Oats.

ReputationRep:
    That's quite a few. Do you find it difficult keeping away from them? Yeah dairy probably is a pretty normal one.

I was wondering how you found out you were allergic to those?
    Yeah I'm also allergic to cats/dogs and a few other things but I can't think of them off the top of my head :P Don't find it difficult to keep away from the things I'm allergic to because I just avoid them! I discovered my food allergies through eating them and the reactions that followed. My allergy to dairy isn't really that bad though, so usually I have it anyway and I'm mostly fine.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Kiwi fruit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parrot16)
    Aspartame. Wheat. Barely, Oats.
    Are you celiac? I was wondering about that because i got tested for it, but I'm not. However, I do definitely have an intolerance to wheat products/ gluten. I try and avoid it as much as possible and if I do have it I don't hit the heavy stuff like pasta and only do it occasionally.

(Original post by TheTechN1304)
    Yeah I'm also allergic to cats/dogs and a few other things but I can't think of them off the top of my head :P Don't find it difficult to keep away from the things I'm allergic to because I just avoid them! I discovered my food allergies through eating them and the reactions that followed. My allergy to dairy isn't really that bad though, so usually I have it anyway and I'm mostly fine.
    I'm allergic to cats I think, not dogs though. Be a bit unfortunate if I was as I have quite a few!
    I didn't used to be allergic to beef but I had it this time and I came out in hives all over my body and my lips puffed up pretty badly. I looked like one of those celebs with the excessive botox haha erm

ReputationRep:
    Garlic, onions and chives. Annoying as hell, because pretty much every savoury snack on the market has garlic or onion in the seasoning.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I was allergic to chicken when I was a baby.

Thankfully I'm not allergic anymore!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I appear to allergic to an additive of some sort. Still no closer to working out exactly which one though. Which makes it so hard to avoid. Annoying!

ReputationRep:
    I'm allergic to a type of grass called Timothy grass. My cousin is also allergic to citrus

ReputationRep:
    I have a severe allergy to peanuts. I know peanut allergies aren't uncommon but the severity of my allergy is rather annoying. It's so much effort having to go to hospital every time I eat something that has peanuts in.

ReputationRep:
    No allergies but lactose intolerant. Not weird I guess but people think I'm weird for not eating dairy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.