Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Trump calls out CNN, Buzzfeed "Fake news" Watch

ReputationRep:
    Lol, what a legend.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind seeing CNN taken off the air haha, and NBC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    But seriously, they need an option for students. I feel like my STEM degree gives me more opportunities, and hence "privilege", than media studies or something like that.

I'm 150 (where are my slaves and mansion?!) ignoring the professions section.
    No it doesn't, STEM is overrated.

Listen you Whiteboi, privilege isn't about having slaves and mansions, privilege is going into a mall and being able to steal from it knowing that the security won't strip search you, privilege is getting pulled over in your car whilst you're drunk only to ask directions and actually get them. You don't see your privilege because it's stacked up right to your eyeballs.

(Original post by Pikachū)
    What would a Middle Easterner pick for race? White or Asian? working out mine
    Go with Latino, it's the closest thing.

(Original post by will.db)
    Sounds much better, perhaps a shrine to Cecil Rhodes in the courtyard to ward off any weird green haired lefties?
    The Cecil Rhodes Country Club. That's the coolest thing ever :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    The problem for Trump is he has now just made another enemy in a media channel. At some point he might need the media on his side.
    Is this really a problem for Trump? Not a single major newspaper endorsed him for President, the first time that had ever happened.

I don't really see how the media could be any more anti-Trump than they already are.

ReputationRep:
    where do i get the members card?
    where do i get a members card?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    The ME is in Asia so Middle Easterners are by definition Asian...

ReputationRep:

Listen you Whiteboi, privilege isn't about having slaves and mansions, privilege is going into a mall and being able to steal from it knowing that the security won't strip search you, privilege is getting pulled over in your car whilst you're drunk only to ask directions and actually get them. You don't see your privilege because it's stacked up right to your eyeballs.

see you there next saturday, round of golf followed by an interlude to admire britain's former colonial might?

where do i get a members card?
      from centuries of oppression and subjugation of other races
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

-35, got that Muslim victim point gibbs :perv:

I expect reparations soon gora

wot did u just say brah??? fite me 1v1 irl ill rek u m8

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Palmyra)
        It's true in the literal sense, but people don't take words to mean their literal definitions. Asian in the context of this graphic which undoubtedly was created in America means northeast Asians rather than Arabs or South Asians.

see you there next saturday, round of golf followed by an interlude to admire britain's former colonial might?
        *bangs fist aggressively* hear hear

-35, got that Muslim victim point gibbs :perv:

I expect reparations soon gora
        Okie, they're on this boat you just have to put on these magic shackles.

wot did u just say brah??? fite me 1v1 irl ill rek u m8
        STEM is very middle-middle class, actual rich people study the liberal arts.

ReputationRep:
        Attachment 610854

sheeeeiiiiiiii
        I got -45 lmao

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Kravence)
        I got -45 lmao
        :console: You can be an honourary gora pakora
        • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
        In N. America Asian refers to East Asians

you can tell because they're supposedly a priviliged class in that chart lol

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Trinculo)
        And in this country we have Corbyn.....

"Mr. Speaker, my constituent, Edna has written to me complaining at that her cat has been run over, as a direct result of Tory cuts..."
        Edna's cat is very important, what assurances can the prime minister give that Edna and others like her get sufficiently compensated for the loss of a dear family member?

ReputationRep:
        The latest headline is so ridiculous I would think even the onion would would say "guys this is just to silly to ever be funny"

Of course the fact it actually comes on mass from the mainstream media does kind of make it funny. Basically never ask me to take anything seriously that the media says ever again.

And for those saying trump shouldn't attack the media he may need them etc. He media is corrupt as **** and is controlled by special interests they will attack trump no matter what he does unless he shills for the corrupt few.

So he might as well call them out for it. Seriously at what point do people stop taking this crap seriously?

Look guys if I hate someone I am either going to ignore them or think of a way to get them. Paying Russian prostitues to piss on a mattress that they once slept on doesn't seem effective for anything. If I stayed in a hotel and hen found out a month later that someone who hates me paid prostitutes to urinate on the bed in the room that I stayed on I would just cry with laughter. It's utterly ridiculous.

And even if he did which seems absurd in the extreme it's not good or bad it's just utterly bizarre and it's not blackmail material as it's irrelevant to everything.

With how bad the media is getting I seriously would not be surprised if they reported that trump hunted and killed 1000 squirrels skinned them took only their skulls to make a dress out of and proceeded to dance like in just this dress on the subway singing hail satan whilst punching himself in the face.

My point is the media just seems to be making up any ol crap these days the only utility it serves anymore is building upon he already huge amount of evidence hat they just can't be trusted for any source.

ReputationRep:
        Buzzfeed? News? Never would I have believed they could be used in the same sentence.

ReputationRep:
        Is this really a problem for Trump? Not a single major newspaper endorsed him for President, the first time that had ever happened.

I don't really see how the media could be any more anti-Trump than they already are.
        That is true, but at that time he was the outsider, the anti-establishment figure who could stand on the outside and complain about all the things wrong with America. When he's been President for a while, he will be the one who everyone complains to and remember he said he was going to "Make America Great Again" so he has created high expectations.

ReputationRep:
        It's true in the literal sense, but people don't take words to mean their literal definitions. Asian in the context of this graphic which undoubtedly was created in America means northeast Asians rather than Arabs or South Asians.

I knew Americans were bad at geography, but i didn't know they thought Asia was only East Asia...

TBH I doubt most of them could locate Taiwan/Japan on a map

ReputationRep:

Middle Easterners/South Asians are probably the groups most mistreated in America.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2017
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.