Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
      You're mistaking the word "introvert" for "socially inept". That's not what it means.
      i am both

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by l'etranger)
      Londoners talk to me on the tube, offer to show me directions, I've found them really nice personally.
      Probably the elderly... I've only ever been ignored like I don't even exist - sometimes I worry someone might actually sit on me on the bus lol but tbh I prefer that to the dirty looks/ "what"s you get from school kids

was I lookin at your ugly arse lack of a face tho

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by zanner)
      i am both
      :lol: Well, as I said in other post, being shy may automatically make you introverted by nature, but the opposite is not true - you can be introverted (i.e. prefer to live a quiet life) without being shy.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by z33)
      Probably the elderly... I've only ever been ignored like I don't even exist - sometimes I worry someone might actually sit on me on the bus lol but tbh I prefer that to the dirty looks/ "what"s you get from school kids

Nah loads, I probably look lost, I sort of assume they're getting ready to mug me and leave my body in one of the bathrooms.

ReputationRep:
      No.

ReputationRep:
      Being extrovert is so yester-year.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AreUHigh)
      That's alright you probably make an effort. Some introverts though, they look like they want to murder you for saying hi.
      At least know what you mean by introvert when you use the term... very few people are solely introverted btw.
      Maybe these people look at you like that for other reasons, e.g. they don't like you, you're disturbing them in the middle of something, etc. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ReputationRep:
      What have they done to me? Why would I have anything against them? 👀

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
      What have they done to me? Why would I have anything against them? 👀
      Because we challenge society's idea of what is normal and people like the OP can't have that happening.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by serah.exe)
      Saying yes would mean hating 90% of TSR
      You're mistaking the word "introvert" for "socially inept". That's not what it means.
      was gonna rep serahexe till wood said this

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by z33)

:rofl: we share interesting bus horror stories

let's just go back and forth sharing nightmare bus anecdotes you go 1st and Im srs I wanna hear and I wanna share

ReputationRep:
      :lol: Well, as I said in other post, being shy may automatically make you introverted by nature, but the opposite is not true - you can be introverted (i.e. prefer to live a quiet life) without being shy.
      But can you be an extrovert whilst being shy?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hezzlington)
      But can you be an extrovert whilst being shy?
      Nah, definitely not. Just like I said, if you're shy then you're going to be introverted by nature. However, you can definitely be introverted and not be shy. Hence "shy" and "introverted" aren't really interchangeable terms, for that reason.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 0to100)
      :rofl: we share interesting bus horror stories

let's just go back and forth sharing nightmare bus anecdotes you go 1st and Im srs I wanna hear and I wanna share
      loool i got (almost) kissed by a stranger when i was 16

wbu? :lol:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by z33)
      loool i got (almost) kissed by a stranger when i was 16

wbu? :lol:
      laughing already.

I wil open my vms just to have this bus chat got some good stories lol or should I make a thread?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 0to100)
      laughing already.

I wil open my vms just to have this bus chat got some good stories lol or should I make a thread?
      dm whatever you want xD

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AreUHigh)
      You start talking to them and they look at you like some kind of weirdo. M8 I'm just trying to make the day a bit cheerier thanks for ******** on my parade.
      Don't you just hate extroverts. They start talking to you with there overbearing energy then look at you like your some kind of weirdo. M8 I'm just trying to keep my head down get through the day. lol
      Works both ways mate.

ReputationRep:
      You say that as if introverts are Darth Vader and his crew. It's not that deep.

ReputationRep:
      uhh... no, no I don't

ReputationRep:
      I'd rather be me, an introvert, than try and pretend I'm an over-confident character that just makes me mentally exhausted to keep up with. I feel like extroverts give a little bit of themselves to other people...sometimes it's nice to keep yourself to yourself.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.