Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This all began, back when I began applying to Uni through UCAS last September. After I did the PAT (test for Physics at Oxford) my mum began checking the prospective student forum, so she could know when other people found out about interviews.
    Since then this has escalated. On a daily basis I get updates about how specific people are doing and even though I got rejected, she has remained just as avid a follower of the thread. A few weeks ago, she expanded her horizons and is now a keen follower of the Cambridge thread too! For the record, my mum commiserates 'Wolfmoon88', 'StationToStation', 'FableReader', 'BioOx', 'Palette' and various others - she has 'enjoyed their posts' and I can honestly say that she is genuinely upset for you!
    I'm slightly worried. Not only is this disrupting her work life, but what will she do when everyone has found out and there are no more posts for her to read!!! Does anyone else have a similar problem, or advice on what I should do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Person18)
    This all began, back when I began applying to Uni through UCAS last September. After I did the PAT (test for Physics at Oxford) my mum began checking the prospective student forum, so she could know when other people found out about interviews.
    Since then this has escalated. On a daily basis I get updates about how specific people are doing and even though I got rejected, she has remained just as avid a follower of the thread. A few weeks ago, she expanded her horizons and is now a keen follower of the Cambridge thread too! For the record, my mum commiserates 'Wolfmoon88', 'StationToStation', 'FableReader', 'BioOx', 'Palette' and various others - she has 'enjoyed their posts' and I can honestly say that she is genuinely upset for you!
    I'm slightly worried. Not only is this disrupting her work life, but what will she do when everyone has found out and there are no more posts for her to read!!! Does anyone else have a similar problem, or advice on what I should do?
    ha ha ha!!!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

As a person of interest, hi.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No escape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    As a person of interest, hi.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello from my mum!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Hello from my mum!
    Hii

Well she can switch to the Oxford Decisions thread, there will definitely be more posts to read there. And the Cambridge thread will be pretty active both the current thread for the next day or so, or the decisions thread after that, will be extremely active as well.

To your mum- thank you for your commiserations! I really appreciate it. I am glad that you genuinely enjoy what I post. I'll be ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hii

Well she can switch to the Oxford Decisions thread, there will definitely be more posts to read there. And the Cambridge thread will be pretty active both the current thread for the next day or so, or the decisions thread after that, will be extremely active as well.

To your mum- thank you for your commiserations! I really appreciate it. I am glad that you genuinely enjoy what I post. I'll be ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha thanks - she says the posts have been great and she knows you've got a successful future ahead of you.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Haha thanks - she says the posts have been great and she knows you've got a successful future ahead of you.
    Np, good luck on the rest of your applications!

To your mum: Thank you again and I hope so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Hello from my mum!
    Hi Person18's mum!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    How many gems does she have?
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    If this is a troll, it is actually rather amusing....

If serious, I say we get together and rep OP's mum to 20 gems.

ReputationRep:
    Np, good luck on the rest of your applications!

To your mum: Thank you again and I hope so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You too 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    (Original post by ByronicHero)

She's not got an account! Apparently that's crossing a line! And I can assure you this isn't a troll, my mum is genuinely addicted!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I briefly thought I wrote this.
    My mum is the exact same. Don't worry, she'll get over it
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)

I wholeheartedly second this.

ReputationRep:
    Come on then lad SuperHuman98
    Bring out the technique for beating your TSR addiction, help this poor woman out
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    This is how the some people here now will be in 20 years
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by UWS)
    :rofl:

EVEN MOMS GET ADDICTED TO TSR.

ReputationRep:
    whats her username I'll follow her
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    She's not got an account! Apparently that's crossing a line! And I can assure you this isn't a troll, my mum is genuinely addicted!
    Tell her to make an account and get involved.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.