Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My dad is a fearless man he does not seem fazed by life and what awaits him.I, on the other hand, am deeply afraid I am afraid I won't be who I want I am afraid I won't wake up in the morning I am scared that I won't get the grades I want I am afraid to be on my own.I feel like these fears are stopping me I get these panic attacks every now and then.I feel afraid of seizures and the future.I know death is inevitable etc but I don't want to hear that I want something comforting I don't think my parents understand my fears and the effect them have on me.

I used to think and get worried about life like you, I still do sometimes. I used to get worried about my grades every year through college and university, then after that passed I used to get worried about my job and career. And at this moment I have further worries. The worst thing you can do in these situations is overthink, this will surely cause more harm than good, so stop yourself from overthinking.

I know you might not want to here this but I want to share it with you because it helped me. I am a Muslim, every time I found my self panicking or in a situation where it felt like there was no way out or nothing that could improve, the only way I could find myself at peace was to pray and get closer to Allah. The more I believed and trusted in Allah, the more happy and peaceful I was. Islam has answers to everything you need to know.

I am not taking adavantage of your situation and I am not trying to force my beliefs towards you. I just want to share how I get through situations and hope that this may help you.

ReputationRep:
    As a Christian i find succour and solace in the love of Our Saviour. Through His death and Glorious Resurrection he has conquered death on our behalf.

(Original post by Anonymous1502)
    My dad is a fearless man he does not seem fazed by life and what awaits him.I, on the other hand, am deeply afraid I am afraid I won't be who I want I am afraid I won't wake up in the morning I am scared that I won't get the grades I want I am afraid to be on my own.I feel like these fears are stopping me I get these panic attacks every now and then.I feel afraid of seizures and the future.I know death is inevitable etc but I don't want to hear that I want something comforting I don't think my parents understand my fears and the effect them have on me.
    with regards to death, can you even remember what it was like before you was born? Death is like that. Not so bad is it. Another comparison is when you sleep but dont dream. Its a neutral state and once you become actual dead, you wont mind it. It'll be alrite.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.