Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering whether the fact that Westminster University is one of the lowest ranked uni's in the country will affect my chances of getting into a masters program in one of the top uni's (i.e. LSE, Oxford, Cambridge).

Currently in my second year studying History&Politics and expected to receive first class honors. Ideally I'd want to study the MSc Economic History at LSE or an MBA at Cambridge University, but not sure if this is too far fetched due to the high demand of applicants.

Is there anyone on this forum that has first hand experience of applying to top masters programs after finishing an undergraduate degree at Westminster? Is the name of your undergrad university really that important?

Thanks in advance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.