Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I moved to a mixed school from an all-girls a few months ago but tbh I'm still not that comfortable being around guys.
    Obviously I've talked to some but the only one I'd call a proper friend is my ex-crush, who I don't talk to as much anymore (I think it's because i don't want to let myself fall for him again).
    I'm shy and I see all my shy friends have close guy friends at breaks or whatever and then I'm just there with no one.
    There's not really a single guy in my school I feel completely comfortable around. I don't really get along with that many people (I have a few close girl friends and that's about it) so maybe that's why.
    I also don't get the opportunity to talk to new guys because I always have lessons with the same ones.

So how do I talk to new guys + learn to be comfortable around them?

ReputationRep:
    I went to an all girls school from 11-18 and didn't really chat to the boys from the boys schools nearby, all my best friends were girls and I would feel the same, so I gave up on that front. There's absolutely nothing wrong with not having any guy friends, I'm now in my third year at uni and my best friends are all guys, I have 1 or 2 good female friends, but when I'm in need of a cry/rant/laugh, I'll go to one of the guys. So, if nothing works out, who knows what'll happen later on eh When I got to uni the idea of being around guys was so different and new to me, but honestly, boys are overrated ( ) It really wasn't anything to worry about, it's like meeting new girl friends, some are easier to talk to and you click with some better than others It just depends on the person.

But if you'd like to meet more, then attend some extra clubs to help you get more social. Debating? Drama? In doing so, there will be some guys with similar interests to you and voila. Or, idk how old you are, but when I was in secondary school everyone on Facebook just added everyone :lol:

Funnily enough actually, the first guy I'd ever really had a friendship with was on TSR! :moon:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.