Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

I'm currently in my last year of what we in Denmark call "Folkeskolen". It is compulsory education which lasts from the ages 6-15 and it has quite a broad range of subjects. My question is, how important will my final grades be if I want to study at Imperial/Oxbridge? I'm currently prospectively looking at an average grade of A- if translated directly. However, it is worth noting that I am one of the very select few who have achieved this average.

Additionally, I will be attending a technical high school from age 16-19 - in of which I expect my grades to improve even more (I started 8th grade with an average of B-).

Thanks for your taking some time out of your day to read this.

*Sorry for the grammatical error in the title of thread.

Sincerely,

Joachim

ReputationRep:
    More important than you think but less important than some say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XtrJ)
    More important than you think but less important than some say
    I am not sure what to make of this

I think I understand where you are going with it, but could you maybe evaluate a little bit more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joachim Sand)
    I am not sure what to make of this

I think I understand where you are going with it, but could you maybe evaluate a little bit more?
    Get the best possible grades you can, dont procrastinate, dont regret anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XtrJ)
    Get the best possible grades you can, dont procrastinate, dont regret anything
    Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about. Don't dwindle around, stay on track and do extracurricular activities like volunteerwork, masterclasses, visit parliament whatever. It increases your odds since for these elite universities, since grades have a set limit. I guess most people who try to apply for Ivy league or oxbridge have close to the absolutely best grades possible. So the personal statement and extra curricular activities would be the bane or boon for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.