Turn on thread page Beta

Someone keeps parking their moped inside watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, but there's a guy who lives in my flat who keeps parking his moped in the hallway. Do you think I'm overreacting to this? It's not obstructing anything but I'm pretty sure it's a fire risk. If so, who do think I should complain about it to?

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend speaking to the person in question, and failing that, speaking to your landlord about it. I don't think there are any laws to stop them from doing that, but your lease may forbid it and also it could invalidate your landlord's insurance against fire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socktor)
    I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, but there's a guy who lives in my flat who keeps parking his moped in the hallway. Do you think I'm overreacting to this? It's not obstructing anything but I'm pretty sure it's a fire risk. If so, who do think I should complain about it to?

whoops, sorry about that

but cant have people nicking it if I leave it outside
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Ask them not to. If they decline, either speak to the landlord or let their tires down - depending on how forceful you desire to be :lol:

ReputationRep:
    lol jk not my moped but I do leave mine inside for that reason, maybe his is the same

ReputationRep:
    There might be something in the contract about
    1. obstructing stairwells / fire escapes
    2. bringing flammable liquids into the building

landlord may (or may not) be amenable to putting in some motorcycle anchors so it can be chained outside.

ReputationRep:
    Is the hallway a main way out of the building? If so then it must be kept clear at all times. Nothing that can burn or clutter should be kept there.

Google "Firesafetyadvicetolandlords.pdf " for more details...

T3

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.