Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Someone keeps parking their moped inside Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, but there's a guy who lives in my flat who keeps parking his moped in the hallway. Do you think I'm overreacting to this? It's not obstructing anything but I'm pretty sure it's a fire risk. If so, who do think I should complain about it to?

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend speaking to the person in question, and failing that, speaking to your landlord about it. I don't think there are any laws to stop them from doing that, but your lease may forbid it and also it could invalidate your landlord's insurance against fire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socktor)
    I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, but there's a guy who lives in my flat who keeps parking his moped in the hallway. Do you think I'm overreacting to this? It's not obstructing anything but I'm pretty sure it's a fire risk. If so, who do think I should complain about it to?

whoops, sorry about that

but cant have people nicking it if I leave it outside
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Ask them not to. If they decline, either speak to the landlord or let their tires down - depending on how forceful you desire to be :lol:

ReputationRep:
    lol jk not my moped but I do leave mine inside for that reason, maybe his is the same

ReputationRep:
    There might be something in the contract about
    1. obstructing stairwells / fire escapes
    2. bringing flammable liquids into the building

landlord may (or may not) be amenable to putting in some motorcycle anchors so it can be chained outside.

ReputationRep:
    Is the hallway a main way out of the building? If so then it must be kept clear at all times. Nothing that can burn or clutter should be kept there.

Google "Firesafetyadvicetolandlords.pdf " for more details...

T3

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.