Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Panicked Trump starts lashing out at media over Russian compromise revelations Watch

ReputationRep:
    In his first press conference in six months, Donald Trump, who looked panicky and anxious, started lashing out at the media. He started shrieking about how "This is like Nazi Germany" and "It's so unfair to me".

It really is a measure of both right-wing victimhood and Donald Trump's own deficient personality that even after he wins the presidency, he still believes he's a poor little victim and everyone is just being so mean to poor little Donnie.

Trump attacked CNN and Buzzfeed by saying "You are fake news", and refused to answer questions from them. Maybe he thought that if he could create some fake 'reality TV' drama then the news would be about that rather than this explosive document.

Buzzfeed had every right to publish this document; it is not disputed that this document was drawn up by a former MI6 officer based on investigations he did speaking to sources in Russia and in the Russian emigre community in the West. It is not disputed that US intelligence thought its author to be credible. It is also not disputed that this document was included in the intelligence summaries put together for the president and was considered worthy of investigation. Trump admitted that he was provided this document in the intelligence briefing he received.

That being the case, the document itself is clearly newsworthy. The attacks on Buzzfeed as if they made this document up out of thin air, rather than that they simply published a document which is inherently newsworthy and about which the American people have a right to know. But he knows he doesn't want to get too caught up in debating the substance, so it's just easier to go into hysterics about how immoral such leaks are (oh the irony) and blaming the news publications for publishing it. And in so doing, he can gull his uneducated, credulous supporters into somehow thinking the document was a Buzzfeed forgery rather than an actual document reflecting the investigation of a former Western intelligence officer.

Trump is an endless source of

ReputationRep:
      The story is starting to fall apart.

The Wall Street Journal has named the former MI6 agent and the Trump team are starting to tear into him. For example Michael Cohen has never been to Prague as the dossier alleges.

https://twitter.com/MichaelCohen212?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
        Trump is an endless source of

Where can one purchase this mug?
        Asking for a friend :ninja:

(Original post by StrawbAri)
          Where can one purchase this mug?
          Asking for a friend :ninja:
          https://www.amazon.com/Society6-Whit...male+tears+mug

ReputationRep:
          As a white male I am hurt that you like drinking my tears!

(Original post by astutehirstute)
            Woo
            Even more tears for me to harvest :yep:
            • Section Leader
            • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
            I mean he finally admitted Russia was hacking, saying about Putin 'he shouldn't be doing it. He won't do it'. So he's caving as we all knew he would.

I'm somewhat looking forward to seeing how he flounders around during his Presidency.

(Original post by astutehirstute)

ReputationRep:
              Woo
              Even more tears for me to harvest :yep:
              :cry:

(Original post by Josb)
                :cry:
                French tears are especially tasty

ReputationRep:
                French tears are especially tasty
                Not only tears. :perv:

Submit reply
              TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017
            • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
              What newspaper do you read/prefer?
              Useful resources
            • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
              Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.