Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    how much did your parents pay for your membership?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    You in 9th/10th grade?
    I'm in year 10
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    You have to pay? I thought you only paid to take the test?
    There is an annual membership if I recall.

I am not disparaging anyone who does join. I am sure it can be quite fun if you are interested in their content and the community aspect. Personally, I don't care about IQ in the first place so don't see any value in spending time talking to a bunch of people who probably do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmyra)
    how much did your parents pay for your membership?
    I got sent by my school who paid all the fees. I can't imagine it too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)

I am not disparaging anyone who does join. I am sure it can be quite fun if you are interested in their content and the community aspect. Personally, I don't care about IQ in the first place so don't see any value in spending time talking to a bunch of people who probably do.
    Well Neuro.

It was great for me to join I met loads of people and I even got letters from top universities about being part of research. I really do think more people should try and join.

ReputationRep:
    >paying money to join a meme """intellectual""" society.
    How cucked can you get?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LisaNikita)
    My IQ is about 136

I did a test recently with oxford scored 138.

I don't know the minimum IQ but its usually ranged from 132+
    Damn, what degree are you doing/what did you get in A-levels?

132 isn't crazy high, I might qualify after I do my degree then
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Ohh right, I understand your point of view.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 10
    I was kind of right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    Damn, what degree are you doing/what did you get in A-levels?

132 isn't crazy high, I might qualify after I do my degree then
    I'm in year 10 currently doing AS maths and doing Physics next year. If i was to do a degree I'd probably opt for Engineering at Yale or Brown University
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Well Neuro.

It was great for me to join I met loads of people and I even got letters from top universities about being part of research. I really do think more people should try and join.
    If you enjoy it, that's fantastic. Even better if it acts as a vehicle for you to access opportunities you might not otherwise have.

I speak only about why I didn't and wouldn't join. I think it is a waste of time and money. I'd rather use that money to subscribe to Liberty or something. It's a personal choice, not a broad judgement

ReputationRep:
    Mensa is like TSR on prozac

ReputationRep:
    If you enjoy it, that's fantastic. Even better if it acts as a vehicle for you to access opportunities you might not otherwise have.

I speak only about why I didn't and wouldn't join. I think it is a waste of time and money. I'd rather use that money to subscribe to Liberty or something. It's a personal choice, not a broad judgement
    You don't usually pay for it. I have Autism so I'm kind of sponsored, it depends on how well you do. Most people join MENSA for life
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    You don't usually pay for it. I have Autism so I'm kind of sponsored, it depends on how well you do. Most people join MENSA for life
    Most people pay if they want to be a member. You may not, in which case that is one fewer reason not to join. My personal objection extends beyond the financial. It wouldn't add any value to my life. If it adds value to yours then, once again, that's truly great and you should stick with it.

I'd rather have a life than have Autism, and join MENSA to try and show off on the internet when you were tutored for the entry test at the age of 9 lul

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'd rather have a life than have Autism, and join MENSA to try and show off on the internet when you were tutored for the entry test at the age of 9 lul
    Well i was born with it. I can't really change it.

Your opinion is irrelevant since you are anonymous xd
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    For the record, plenty of people on the autistic spectrum live fulfilling lives despite their condition. I understand you want to snipe at the OP for ostensibly bragging, but there is no need to attack her for being autistic.

ReputationRep:
    is the 30 min test at this link around the same level of difficulty to the mensa test?

http://geniustests.com/

I took it yesterday and it said I scored in the 98th percentile with a score of 37 ...but I am suspicious if the test is actually around the same difficulty as the true mensa test

if you have 30 mins spare please take the test and post your score.

ReputationRep:
    Online tests add about 30+ points to your IQ, I wouldn't say they are reliable at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    is the 30 min test at this link around the same level of difficulty to the mensa test?

http://geniustests.com/

I took it yesterday and it said I scored in the 98th percentile with a score of 37 ...but I am suspicious if the test is actually around the same difficulty as the true mensa test

if you have 30 mins spare please take the test and post your score.
    I'll take the test brb

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.