Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by ANM775)
    is the 30 min test at this link around the same level of difficulty to the mensa test?

http://geniustests.com/

I took it yesterday and it said I scored in the 98th percentile with a score of 37 ...but I am suspicious if the test is actually around the same difficulty as the true mensa test

if you have 30 mins spare please take the test and post your score.
    98th percentile on 30 minute test (silly mistake)
    was going to do the 15 minute test but the questions are taken from the same pool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    How dumb would I have to be to pay £25 to have an IQ test?
    Did the IQ test in year 7 with school; was asked to pay £50 a year to become part of "MENSA"; only get magazines; parents offered to pay; told them it was stupid to pay to be able to say you're smart; the end.

ReputationRep:
    What benefits does it give you or is it just an ego thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'd rather have a life than have Autism, and join MENSA to try and show off on the internet when you were tutored for the entry test at the age of 9 lul
    Well apparently you have neither since you are posting rude things anonymously on TSR
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moura)
    What benefits does it give you or is it just an ego thing?
    There is an community, emails, magazines and I think some social events.

For the most part though it is a vanity/ego thing for sure.

What is a mensa?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by LisaNikita)
      I'm part of British Mensa, ask me anything
      same. boring isn't it? I'm only a member because the school paid for it (as well as my test)

ReputationRep:
      I 100% would have passed the MENSA test when I was younger. It all went downhill once I hit puberty :rofl:

(Original post by ByronicHero)
      Hey,

Most of this isn't very much like an IQ test at all. There were some fairly challenging anagrams and some maths problems that required a little knowledge of cubes and the like, but that's about it.

I rushed through it under ten minutes and am 99th Percentile (which I am, but this test will be trivial for most people who are. Perhaps I'd have scored 100th percentile with a couple more minutes :lol:).

This is more like what you might expect, have a go if you like: http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

It is important not to worry about your IQ. It isn't going to make any meaningful difference to your life :nope:
      got 126 on this, most were fairly straight forwards for me, apart from 20, 31 and the last 3
      • Political Ambassador
      • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      got 126 on this, most were fairly straight forwards for me, apart from 20, 31 and the last 3
      Nice. There are definitely a few questions at the end that require some thought. A few interesting ones are mixed into the rest. 126 is pretty solid

ReputationRep:
      I joined Mensa when I was quite young, about 13. Is there anything about it now that's worth reinstating my membership? I didn't think there was much point back then. The magazines were interesting but apart from that

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.