Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I just got an offer to St. Hilda's for Chemistry (very happy!!), and it was for 2 A*s and an A, with no specific subject mentioned. I currently study Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. Can I drop Physics (I hate it) and still keep my offer? It will let me focus on my other subjects and be more likely to reach the offer. I am currently predicted 3 A*s and an A in Physics.

Thanks for the help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexelelele)
    So I just got an offer to St. Hilda's for Chemistry (very happy!!), and it was for 2 A*s and an A, with no specific subject mentioned. I currently study Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. Can I drop Physics (I hate it) and still keep my offer? It will let me focus on my other subjects and be more likely to reach the offer. I am currently predicted 3 A*s and an A in Physics.

Thanks for the help.
    Ask the Uni they will have good advice for you. Im not so sure myself....

ReputationRep:

Thanks for the help.
    As it won't affect you meeting your offer, you should be able to drop it, but best to contact admissions and confirm before doing so. If you drop it you'll have to contact UCAS to update your application. Congrats on the offer!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:

Thanks for the help.
    You will need to contact your college to ask. Whilst your offer might not be dependent on the grade you get in Physics, your offer is conditional on your UCAS application being correct. And in your UCAS application, you presumably wrote that you were going to take A2 Physics. It's possible that Oxford will be fine with it but you need to get in contact with them.

ReputationRep:
    Ring them and ask because physics maybe integral to modules so they may require you to keep physics on.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.