The Student Room Group

Small mistake in personal Statement, does it matter?

So after my sleepless nights and endless open days and constant mind changes my UCAS finally had it reference attached and is now sent off! (Woooo! :blow:)
However since it going, I have noticed a little error. In my Personal Statement...

I'm taking a foundation year and at 4/5 of my choices it is labelled as a Foundation Year in Humanities, so I wrote that in my personal statement. However as a last minuet change of heart about one of my Uni's I put down Sheffield instead (which is now my favourite) where the course is labelled as a foundation year in History instead!!! Being the idiot that I am I forgot to review and change the sentence in my personal statement which read "foundation year in Humanities"

Are they likely to deny me due to this? I would be devastated if they did as I am planning to put them as my firm!
I've been reassured by various people that it wont matter as History is technically and Humanity, however I'm still not sure and seeming the deadline Sunday I haven't got the time to change it! :frown:

Do you guys think it'll matter?

thanks xx
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JacobH1997
So after my sleepless nights and endless open days and constant mind changes my UCAS finally had it reference attached and is now sent off! (Woooo! :blow:)
However since it going, I have noticed a little error. In my Personal Statement...

I'm taking a foundation year and at 4/5 of my choices it is labelled as a Foundation Year in Humanities, so I wrote that in my personal statement. However as a last minuet change of heart about one of my Uni's I put down Sheffield instead (which is now my favourite) where the course is labelled as a foundation year in History instead!!! Being the idiot that I am I forgot to review and change the sentence in my personal statement which read "foundation year in Humanities"

Are they likely to deny me due to this? I would be devastated if they did as I am planning to put them as my firm!
I've been reassured by various people that it wont matter as History is technically and Humanity, however I'm still not sure and seeming the deadline Sunday I haven't got the time to change it! :frown:

Do you guys think it'll matter?

thanks xx

It's fine don't worry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending