Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

friends let me down big time. dunno what to do, how to react. kinda want to vent Watch

next week is my birthday. earlier this week (on monday) close friend of mine said he's organising a kind of party thing where us (a group of about ten people) go and watch a film get something to eat and chill on friday but like it's my treat, they'll pay for me and stuff.

tbf. i'm not a beg. i get on with stuff, kinda keep myself to myself when it comes to stuff like this, but i was happy (obviously) especially since they haven't done this for me before.

anyway, the first friend messaged me tonight. he said "I'm really sorry mate, everyones cancelled i don't know what to do" first off i don't blame him at all. he and another person who i'm very close with (these two people are probably my closest friends) said they would be able to go no matter what. but it was the others who just cancelled.

my close friend made a gc to plan the whole thing and sent me some screenshots. one person's excuse was "sorry but i literally cba"

well why say you're coming then?

THIS is probably they first time ANYONE haS DONE THIS FOR ME and it's noT HAPPENING. it's just. idk anymore. i'm upset. can't let it get to me tho but earlier he was laughing with me, now he plain out "cba". mate. why. ur that cold blooded.

apparently there were arguments about where to eat too. i'm just sitting here like JESUS ****ING CHRIST I AM THE LEAST PICKY PERSON IN THE WORLD, WHO GIVES A **** WHERE WE EAT? SHOULdN"t it BE MY DECISION ANYWAY?

when i go into school tomorrow, idk how to behave or react. so i guess u guys could help me with that. and just help me feel a bit better cos yeah.

ReputationRep:
    ok but just go with the ones who agreed ...

ReputationRep:
    just forget about these losers & treat yourself to a special night out.

ReputationRep:
    https://youtu.be/Nw28YPPdpic

(Original post by 0to100)
    ok but just go with the ones who agreed ...
    i would. genuinely. but it just seems a bit pathetic u know. i can't describe it but i wouldn't feel good. I'm more upset with everyone cancelling-being so two faced about it.

why say u were gonna go since LAST week and then cancel ALMOSt the night before?

(Original post by the bear)
    just forget about these losers & treat yourself to a special night out.
    they are losers. i think they couldn't fork out the £5 to pay for me tbh

ngl tho, my birthdays aren't the greatest. doesn't matter, i'll have plenty more birthdays i guess

A similar thing has happened to me before so I know it hurts and it's embarassing but really being angry about will just hurt yourself more than anyone else. In my experience it's best to just let it go and move on even though it may be difficult

On the plus side you have the friends who were considerate and caring enough to try to organise your birthday thing so it's not all a loss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i would. genuinely. but it just seems a bit pathetic u know. i can't describe it but i wouldn't feel good. I'm more upset with everyone cancelling-being so two faced about it.

why say u were gonna go since LAST week and then cancel ALMOSt the night before?
    at least they cancelled instead of just not showing up during the party

ever seen that episode of Inbetweeners where Will held the birthday party and no one came so they had to look for random girls outside to join them :toofunny:
    and then the other episode when Neil begged people to come and only got neeks and old people

my day was meh tbh.

A similar thing has happened to me before so I know it hurts and it's embarassing but really being angry about will just hurt yourself more than anyone else. In my experience it's best to just let it go and move on even though it may be difficult

On the plus side you have the friends who were considerate and caring enough to try to organise your birthday thing so it's not all a loss
    i wouldn't. i can't anyway. i'm not an angry person. but i'm emotional. a lot has been happening and like i'm this close to just exploding....i'll try and let it go, but i'm the kinda person not to. i'm a capricorn. capricorns don't let stuff go

those two people are the best tho, i'm so thankful to have them as friends

ReputationRep:
    next week is my birthday. earlier this week (on monday) close friend of mine said he's organising a kind of party thing where us (a group of about ten people) go and watch a film get something to eat and chill on friday but like it's my treat, they'll pay for me and stuff.

tbf. i'm not a beg. i get on with stuff, kinda keep myself to myself when it comes to stuff like this, but i was happy (obviously) especially since they haven't done this for me before.

anyway, the first friend messaged me tonight. he said "I'm really sorry mate, everyones cancelled i don't know what to do" first off i don't blame him at all. he and another person who i'm very close with (these two people are probably my closest friends) said they would be able to go no matter what. but it was the others who just cancelled.

my close friend made a gc to plan the whole thing and sent me some screenshots. one person's excuse was "sorry but i literally cba"

well why say you're coming then?

THIS is probably they first time ANYONE haS DONE THIS FOR ME and it's noT HAPPENING. it's just. idk anymore. i'm upset. can't let it get to me tho but earlier he was laughing with me, now he plain out "cba". mate. why. ur that cold blooded.

apparently there were arguments about where to eat too. i'm just sitting here like JESUS ****ING CHRIST I AM THE LEAST PICKY PERSON IN THE WORLD, WHO GIVES A **** WHERE WE EAT? SHOULdN"t it BE MY DECISION ANYWAY?

when i go into school tomorrow, idk how to behave or react. so i guess u guys could help me with that. and just help me feel a bit better cos yeah.
    Then ask yourself if they were friends in the first place

(Original post by 0to100)
    at least they cancelled instead of just not showing up during the party

ever seen that episode of Inbetweeners where Will held the birthday party and no one came so they had to look for random girls outside to join them :toofunny:
    and then the other episode when Neil begged people to come and only got neeks and old people
    i don't watch it but ur right i guess. i watched the movie where they went on the lads holiday last summer.

ReputationRep:
    i don't watch it but ur right i guess. i watched the movie where they went on the lads holiday last summer.
    :rofl: and it was **** but at least they had each other lol

(Original post by will'o'wisp)
    Then ask yourself if they were friends in the first place
    judging by this no. but when i see them everyday they're so nice. once again. how can people (boys mind u) be so cold blooded?

ReputationRep:
    judging by this no. but when i see them everyday they're so nice. once again. how can people (boys mind u) be so cold blooded?
    Well most likely a variety of reasons and we can generalise but really we need to be specific and look at each situation case by case

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.