Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for University of Bristol to study anthropology and i received an offer yesterday, but I havent visited yet, i just applied out of reputation, however, now upon searching it up, on many league tables, it has very low student satisfaction. Everyone i've ever known that has gone to Bristol has always really enjoyed it, however, the student satisfaction has surprised me.
    Basically, anyone who goes to University of Bristol, please can give me your honest opinion on it, especially if you do anthropology.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for anthropology at Bristol as well! Did you mean that your grade requirement from Bristol is BBC??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluey1997)
    I've applied for anthropology at Bristol as well! Did you mean that your grade requirement from Bristol is BBC??
    Yeah! I qualify for the contextual offer anyway, but they lowered it slightly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aabbyod)
    Yeah! I qualify for the contextual offer anyway, but they lowered it slightly
    I've gotten the same offer but for Archaeology and Anthropology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SparklyUnicornz)
    I've gotten the same offer but for Archaeology and Anthropology
    Hey again! I (just now) got a BBC offer for Anthropology at Bristol too! Ahhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohsugarplums)
    Hey again! I (just now) got a BBC offer for Anthropology at Bristol too! Ahhhh
    Hi again haha! Have you decided on which to firm? Think I might insure Brooke's and firm Bristol

ReputationRep:
    Hi again haha! Have you decided on which to firm? Think I might insure Brooke's and firm Bristol
    Hi! I really don't know yet! I think that's a good idea though

ReputationRep:
    Ohmygod I can't believe I found this thread.

I have been accepted for BA Anthro AT BRISTOL. My happiness knows no bounds.

But there are so MANY problems on the way. Can someone answer these questions?

1. I do not have enough grades for an international scholarship. Can I get a scholarship from year 2? The tuition fees is high for an international student coming from a middle class family. Plus the subject is such that my parents don't really wish to pay.
    2. What kind of jobs are BA Anthro graduates hoping to get? Or do they straight away go for phd or MA? (I don't plan on doing MA/PHD in Anthro)
    3. What kind of part time job could I do while at university...as an anthro student.
    4. How is the Arts department of Bristol. All I hear is about the science dept.
    4. What kind of job could I do in the holidays? Or do you go back to your country in the holidays? For an international student.

I hope someone replies! :|

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Please see the post above. It would be great if you could answer a few questions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.