Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so ive seen this guy walking around the college campus i go to for the past year and half and some times we have looked at each other. anyway getting to the point, i find him very attractive, we went to the same juniors and secondary school but never really spoke. im really shy but am trying to combat this, i would like to speak to him but would i come off as creepy if i said "hey, i know you from some where...your names (his name) right? we used to go to juniors etc together" but what happens if; 1. hes not interested in me and finds me repulsive. 2- if he doesn't know who the heck i am and 3.if he has a girlfriend already. is it a ridiculous idea? should i just try and forget about him? but he will leave the college in june after hes finished his second course of A levels so their would only be a short time for me to do this. please give me advice, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Don't tell anyone else but this is what I use "Hey". Very secret meaning much shh shh. You could try dropping some of your **** next to him, and he'll hopefully help pick it up and then it's all an adventure from then on..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettykt)
    so ive seen this guy walking around the college campus i go to for the past year and half and some times we have looked at each other. anyway getting to the point, i find him very attractive, we went to the same juniors and secondary school but never really spoke. im really shy but am trying to combat this, i would like to speak to him but would i come off as creepy if i said "hey, i know you from some where...your names (his name) right? we used to go to juniors etc together" but what happens if; 1. hes not interested in me and finds me repulsive. 2- if he doesn't know who the heck i am and 3.if he has a girlfriend already. is it a ridiculous idea? should i just try and forget about him? but he will leave the college in june after hes finished his second course of A levels so their would only be a short time for me to do this. please give me advice, thank you
    you worry too much, just approach him and start a convo

ReputationRep:
    He's going to know who you are if he went to your school. Don't say "I know you from somewhere" because you obviously know where you know him from if you know is name so it sounds weird.

I think when you went to school with someone and you want to use that as a conversation starter, you have got to do it straight away. If you have been walking past him for a year and a half, it is not like you have only just realised so it doesn't sound natural. I think you need to come up with a better conversation starter. Once you have got talking, then you can bring in the school chat.

As for for the what ifs, that is a chance you take. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.