Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rugby World Cup 2015 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Even if it didn’t start long time ago, the international popularity of Rugby World Cup has done impressive progresses. From my point of view, the hosting of tournaments is the only reason why rugby is at the moment, known worldwide, with an amazing television audience.

After its last achievement, in London, most of the people are aware about it, if not passionate. I have done some research and I am declaring myself impressed by its success related to its contribution to UK’s tourism and economy. It did improve the host country with increased exposure as a tourist destination, business legacy, infrastructure investment, increased participation in sport, spend by visitors and so on. Besides, the event is directly investing in people, encouraging active, healthy lifestyles and creating more programmes of rugby playing.

Being aware of all these benefits, I was wondering if the Rugby World Cup has left a postive long lasting lecacy to UK. After more than 1 year, can we still find benefits from the event, in this country?

ReputationRep:
    I do agree with the success of the event and I think I can answer your question. As a country, UK is more and more recognized across the world for the practicing of rugby. As you mentioned, the increased participation was a big advantage for the host destination and this is still felt in UK. Once the sport was included in schools and stadiums were created and improved, the long lasting legacy is remaining active and valuable. The benefits will not disappear over the years. Also, I believe rugby will last in the future of the UK as one of the most practiced sport. Its popularity is continuously growing and its success promising.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.