Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is gap after university undergraduate degree good before stepping to masters degree? If yes then how long is fine?

I am now in my last year of university undergraduate degree .
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'd say if you have a clear path on what you want to do, then the right time is when you're ready to do it. I'm planning on doing my master's degree this year but I'm currently on a graduate role (I graduated last summer). I'm saving the money for the degree right now so that's how I've gone about doing it, I guess you can say I'm doing a sort of gap year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I'd say if you have a clear path on what you want to do, then the right time is when you're ready to do it. I'm planning on doing my master's degree this year but I'm currently on a graduate role (I graduated last summer). I'm saving the money for the degree right now so that's how I've gone about doing it, I guess you can say I'm doing a sort of gap year.
    Thanks bro for your opinion. It made me think once again......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulove)
    Is gap after university undergraduate degree good before stepping to masters degree? If yes then how long is fine?

I am now in my last year of university undergraduate degree .
    It depends on your subject and your career. I did mine later and got most of it paid for by my employer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    It depends on your subject and your career. I did mine later and got most of it paid for by my employer.
    Is it okey if you mention what subject were you studying... Mine is Information Technology...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulove)
    Is it okey if you mention what subject were you studying... Mine is Information Technology...
    Maths and I'm a teacher -

ReputationRep:
    I'm going straight into post grad study because i'm changing my career and i'm pretty certain about what i want to do. I graduate in July and then move to London in September to start my post grad diploma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    Maths and I'm a teacher -
    Okey cool,,,,, thanks for the info. It is really going to help me someway..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.