Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i have to research the process of applying for university for my devised drama piece, if you could share how you felt during the process, the support you got, who/what helped or hindered you and how, what influenced your desicion, how you felt at the start vs the end of the process etc. it would really help!

ReputationRep:
    How I felt during the process:

I was overwhelmed by the amount of Univs to choose from, also the arrangements to travel and visit my choices.

The support I got:

My school didn't really care about Uni, I've applied for computer science and only two others in my class have applied for Uni, many have dropped out/kicked out due to not having the grades, so there wasn't much support.

We had one talk from someone who spoke for at most 15 minutes and gave out a leaflet about UCAS, she then left.

When trying to get my reference done I was told by my teacher to put the reference in the "personal statement" section... so yeah, pretty poor support.

Who/what helped or hindered me and how:

Parents and my aspirations helped me put in the effort, I'm looking forward to a motivational boost if my first choice accepts me, or a huge downer if they don't...

I suppose my teacher giving me incorrect info was a hinderence, but there was no malice in it, she simply didn't know what she was doing.

What influenced my decision:

Uni league tables, even though people have said not to put too much thought in them.

Campus location (since I'll be living there for years)

While I go out a lot I'm not that bothered about the nightlife, so it wasn't a big factor at all.

I also want to move away from home, I yearn for independence, so ensuring my Uni choice meant staying at home wasn't feasible was important :P

How I felt at the start vs the end of the process:

At the start I was wanting to get my UCAS though ASAP to start getting offers, now the offers are coming in I have a huge mix of emotions from dread to excitement, it will all pass as soon as my first choice gets back to me

ReputationRep:
    They tried to make me do that at 6th form as well but I never turned up lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.