The Student Room Group

Moving and A-level transfer

Hi, so I moved from Northern Ireland to England at Christmas.
I had started lower sixth in Northern Ireland this year and the problem is that schools anywhere near my area don't want to accept me because i was doing a Northern Irish board and would have to move or they don't offer the subjects I began taking and some even say that for me to get in to the school I would have to wait until next september to start.
No school anywhere near me does classical civilation and the only one that does, studies a differnt book and differnt topics than I was and say its too late to catch up.
Some schools are catholic and because I am not baptized thay won't accept me.
I have tried schools that would take two hours to get every morning.
I am basically screwed, anyone got any ideas of what else I could try?
Thanks in advance
Original post by blue bear
Hi, so I moved from Northern Ireland to England at Christmas.
I had started lower sixth in Northern Ireland this year and the problem is that schools anywhere near my area don't want to accept me because i was doing a Northern Irish board and would have to move or they don't offer the subjects I began taking and some even say that for me to get in to the school I would have to wait until next september to start.
No school anywhere near me does classical civilation and the only one that does, studies a differnt book and differnt topics than I was and say its too late to catch up.
Some schools are catholic and because I am not baptized thay won't accept me.
I have tried schools that would take two hours to get every morning.
I am basically screwed, anyone got any ideas of what else I could try?
Thanks in advance

Your local authority should be able to help you find a suitable school or college (a larger sixth form college will probably be a better bet).

Catholic schools aren't allowed to discriminate based on religion for admission.

Quick Reply

Latest