The Student Room Group

applying without meeting minimum A level grades?

I have achieved a 2:1 in finance but I don't meet the required A level grades/ucas points for jobs which specify this.

I didn't care for college or realise the implications it would have later down the line even after uni.
I completely ****ed it up and only got 1 A level (D) and then AS levels: CDE and BTEC Workskills Plus.
Went to a top 50 uni through clearing.

My college results prevent me from applying for grad jobs that specify things like "BBB at A level minimum" or "280-320 UCAS points"

What can I do? :frown:

Have any of you been asked to show proof of A levels along with your degree certificate? For Accountancy / Finance jobs.

If I write that I got CCC at A level will employers verify this? please help :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Most places will ask for proof, perhaps show proof of degree and say you have misplaced your A level certificates, they may be okay with that. If not at least you didn't get caught out or show forgeries.

I really wouldn't lie though. Explain your situation, you already have a good degree under your belt so they may understand.
EY and PwC no longer have a minimum UCAS points requirement.
Please NEVER lie about your credentials.
Original post by Mike_123

And additionally, companies may be more lenient towards A level grades (take in mind most people are 17/18 when they sit these and 21+ when applying for grad jobs - that's a lot of maturing to do) if your degree classification is 2.1 or above. Interestingly, I haven't come across a lot of jobs that ask for BBB A level minimum but most ask for 2.1 in degree or above (as do graduate courses).
Original post by Mike_123

I concur with this. The first thing Deloitte did after I accepted their grad scheme offer was ask me to send copies of my GCSE and A-level certificates, and I imagine almost every other major graduate recruiter will be similarly upfront.

I can't imagine losing your certificates would appease anyone either, as someone else suggested. I presume your prospective employer would tell you to replace them.
Original post by zachyg
I concur with this. The first thing Deloitte did after I accepted their grad scheme offer was ask me to send copies of my GCSE and A-level certificates, and I imagine almost every other major graduate recruiter will be similarly upfront.

I can't imagine losing your certificates would appease anyone either, as someone else suggested. I presume your prospective employer would tell you to replace them.

Especially as you can always order new copies - they would expect you to do this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending