Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have achieved a 2:1 in finance but I don't meet the required A level grades/ucas points for jobs which specify this.

I didn't care for college or realise the implications it would have later down the line even after uni.
    I completely ****ed it up and only got 1 A level (D) and then AS levels: CDE and BTEC Workskills Plus.
    Went to a top 50 uni through clearing.

My college results prevent me from applying for grad jobs that specify things like "BBB at A level minimum" or "280-320 UCAS points"

What can I do?

Have any of you been asked to show proof of A levels along with your degree certificate? For Accountancy / Finance jobs.

If I write that I got CCC at A level will employers verify this? please help

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Most places will ask for proof, perhaps show proof of degree and say you have misplaced your A level certificates, they may be okay with that. If not at least you didn't get caught out or show forgeries.

I really wouldn't lie though. Explain your situation, you already have a good degree under your belt so they may understand.

ReputationRep:
    EY and PwC no longer have a minimum UCAS points requirement.

ReputationRep:
    Please NEVER lie about your credentials.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    And additionally, companies may be more lenient towards A level grades (take in mind most people are 17/18 when they sit these and 21+ when applying for grad jobs - that's a lot of maturing to do) if your degree classification is 2.1 or above. Interestingly, I haven't come across a lot of jobs that ask for BBB A level minimum but most ask for 2.1 in degree or above (as do graduate courses).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    I concur with this. The first thing Deloitte did after I accepted their grad scheme offer was ask me to send copies of my GCSE and A-level certificates, and I imagine almost every other major graduate recruiter will be similarly upfront.

I can't imagine losing your certificates would appease anyone either, as someone else suggested. I presume your prospective employer would tell you to replace them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zachyg)
    I concur with this. The first thing Deloitte did after I accepted their grad scheme offer was ask me to send copies of my GCSE and A-level certificates, and I imagine almost every other major graduate recruiter will be similarly upfront.

I can't imagine losing your certificates would appease anyone either, as someone else suggested. I presume your prospective employer would tell you to replace them.
    Especially as you can always order new copies - they would expect you to do this.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.