Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who are the liars here? The West? Russia? Both? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm too lazy to outline everything here. But judging by the contradicting claims of The West and Russia over the past several months, somebody is lying. I wouldn't put it past either group to be honest, I really can't decide who is trying to deceive everyone here... of course I do I have a bias in favour of The West...

ReputationRep:
    Both... Probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    I'm too lazy to outline everything here. But judging by the contradicting claims of The West and Russia over the past several months, somebody is lying. I wouldn't put it past either group to be honest, I really can't decide who is trying to deceive everyone here... of course I do I have a bias in favour of The West...
    Depends what they are talking about. The west is definitely biased and disingenuous about the situation of Russia in general. That said Russia isn't exactly truthful either, imo Russian propaganda is definitely less subtle but they do occasionally make good points.

ReputationRep:
    Super powers gonna super power. Its standard for big countries to interfere with other countries political processes. Just go look at how much America interfered with Russian elections after the soviet union collapsed.

Seeing the CIA publicly complain about a right wing foreign power interfering with its own country's internal affairs was funny.

ReputationRep:
    Given that memes were outlined as being a Russian method of influencing the election, I really think that this has all been a farce.

When Trump accused Hillary of hacking the primaries and whatnot, everyone laughed, even though the DNC admitted that there was an element of rigging involved. Plus key DNC officials have been caught admitting that they planted actors/wackos into Trump audiences to cause drama. So there has been interference by Democrat folks kick Bernie and keep Hillary there.

But there's no outrage by the MSM or the liberals in general over all of that incriminating evidence.

People have just become delusional. Whether or not Russia interfered, though I don't really understand how they influenced the election, per se, Trump has won and he'll stay pres for the next 4 years (unless he's impeached, but I doubt that'll happen).

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Super powers gonna super power. Its standard for big countries to interfere with other countries political processes. Just go look at how much America interfered with Russian elections after the soviet union collapsed.

Seeing the CIA publicly complain about a right wing foreign power interfering with its own country's internal affairs was funny.
    also that ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanvipie)
    Given that memes were outlined as being a Russian method of influencing the election, I really think that this has all been a farce.
    hold on what? :rofl: Where's the source for this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.