Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How do I know precisely what to read/do as activities every day?
    How do I know when to stop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sighthounds)
    How do I know precisely what to read/do as activities every day?
    How do I know when to stop?
    Well, it varies depending on the workload each week. I'm studying 3 modules this year, and I try to do a little of each on workdays, then take weekends off. So if I have 6 sections to do for L161, 4 sections for L192 and 5 sections for L193, I'll study a section for each module Monday-Thursday, then on Friday I'll study two sections for L161 and 1 section for L193. I find it easier to divide things up by section rather than by time, because I've got a clear guideline of what needs done and when. Obviously sometimes life gets in the way and I end up finishing everything at the end of the week, but in general this is what I try to stick to.

If you don't have anything so clear-cut, maybe count the activities you need to get done in a week and divide that by however many days you want to study?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.