Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do I know precisely what to read/do as activities every day?
    How do I know when to stop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sighthounds)
    How do I know precisely what to read/do as activities every day?
    How do I know when to stop?
    Well, it varies depending on the workload each week. I'm studying 3 modules this year, and I try to do a little of each on workdays, then take weekends off. So if I have 6 sections to do for L161, 4 sections for L192 and 5 sections for L193, I'll study a section for each module Monday-Thursday, then on Friday I'll study two sections for L161 and 1 section for L193. I find it easier to divide things up by section rather than by time, because I've got a clear guideline of what needs done and when. Obviously sometimes life gets in the way and I end up finishing everything at the end of the week, but in general this is what I try to stick to.

If you don't have anything so clear-cut, maybe count the activities you need to get done in a week and divide that by however many days you want to study?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.