The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
hihihihi
Really- I didn't know that! That's good news I suppose, as pharmacists have great knowledge of drugs but seem too constrained by current laws. Will they get extra training ie for diagnosis?

yeah does sound gud doesnt it...a profeser from london school of pharamsy came over to talk about pharmacy at pur 6th form he told us that it woz to be introduced soon, but i dont know anythin bout it...sorry....does any one else!
Reply 41
hihihihi
You may want to look at Manchester who too do an MPharm course, which is arguably the best in the UK.
(P.S. cardiff is also really nice, but I was actually born there so am a bit biased)

Both too far away I'm afraid. But thanks for the suggestions. Still Notts and Aston have good reputations both uni and course wise.

Raymaya
mmm wine studies :wink: . I'd love to see an attempt of that joint personal statement!! If it exists.

Hee :biggrin:
Reply 42
Bath, Manchester and Notts are meant to be the best three i think. But all courses leave you with a MPharm that means you can practice as a pharmacist so it doesn't matter too much.
Reply 43
Ramaya
Bath, Manchester and Notts are meant to be the best three i think. But all courses leave you with a MPharm that means you can practice as a pharmacist so it doesn't matter too much.

Yup, at then end on the day, a degree is a degree.

Erm...anyone else notice that we may slightly sway the original poster, you know, with the thread turning into the "applying for pharmacy 2005" thread :cool: :wink:
Reply 44
LS.
Erm...anyone else notice that we may slightly sway the original poster, you know, with the thread turning into the "applying for pharmacy 2005" thread :cool: :wink:

Lol yeh! Not really been a contribution to the psychology option! :redface:
Reply 45
I got all 6 offers for pharmacy and my experience was working with patients in the hospital. More of a medical work experience rather than a pharmacy one but the uni's liked it.

So working in a pharmacy isnt too vital

Also a few mates applied without any work experience and still got offers so having no experience isnt the end of the world

Friend got an offer from kings asking for just a BBC while thay asked me for ABB :mad:
Reply 46
Sharma
Friend got an offer from kings asking for just a BBC while thay asked me for ABB :mad:

Thats quite a variation! :eek:
Reply 47
Ramaya
Lol yeh! Not really been a contribution to the psychology option! :redface:

Hee...which shows one thing, wannabe pharmacists are quick off the mark :biggrin:

I guess both are versatile degrees. Job prospects (including, but not limited to)

Pharmacy: Being a hospital/doctors/community based pharmacist, working on drug trials and in industry, research, teaching

Psychology: clinical/educational/occupational psychologist, social work, research, teaching

As well as jobs where the only requirement is to have a degree.

[Just thought I'd give the thread some balance]
Reply 48
i know i hate kings, the best places for pharm i visited are probably Aston and Nottingham

Manchester had a brilliant department but the area wasnt particularly any good in my opinion
Reply 49
Sharma
the best places for pharm i visited are probably Aston and Nottingham

YAY! :biggrin: :redface:

What's Aston uni like?
Reply 50
LS.
[Just thought I'd give the thread some balance]

Good job!
There seems to be a good few of us considering pharmacy :biggrin: .

Sharma
i know i hate kings, the best places for pharm i visited are probably Aston and Nottingham

Manchester had a brilliant department but the area wasnt particularly any good in my opinion

I want to go to a quieter/smaller area i think. Like Bath, or Norwich.
Reply 51
Ramaya
Good job!

definately makes me feel better about choosing pharmacy actually!!
Reply 52
Ramaya

Yes, there does seem to be more people on here than I initially thought. I'll have to start spreading rumours about Nottingham's pharmacy department to keep the admissions low and give myself half-a-chance to get in!
Reply 53
LS.
Yes, there does seem to be more people on here than I initially thought. I'll have to start spreading rumours about Nottingham's pharmacy department to keep the admissions low and give myself half-a-chance to get in!

lol!
Reply 54
LS.

LOL! Well you seem like a really good and clever student so I'm sure the competition won't be anything to worry about! :wink:
Tazzie
definately makes me feel better about choosing pharmacy actually!!

Cool! Although im sure you should also look into psychology as we havn't actually helped much with that side.
Reply 55
actually is there anyone here doing the mpharm degree at the moment or has dun it b4, maybe u can give us an insite on wot involves i.e.stuff that nt in a prospectus maybe!
Reply 56
Ramaya

Cool! Although im sure you should also look into psychology as we havn't actually helped much with that side.

na...its been kul...more into the sciences anyway!and as sumone said earlier (i think) better job prospects!
Reply 57
Tazzie
na...its been kul...more into the sciences anyway!and as sumone said earlier (i think) better job prospects!

Pharmacy has 96% employment rate if i remember correctly. Not suprising though as it leads to being a pharmacist. Also theres a shortage currently so even better (well for us if we study it).
Reply 58
Ramaya
Pharmacy has 96% employment rate if i remember correctly. Not suprising though as it leads to being a pharmacist. Also theres a shortage currently so even better (well for us if we study it).

exactly...and thier advancing...i mean the way that pharmacists can prescribe sn!...does anyone no anymore bout that??
Reply 59
LS.

Have you visited Notts? I went there for a conference and stayed in the halls of residence and fell in love with it! It has the best and most gorgeous campus ever! And I know what you mean about the competition there - overall the whole university has the highest number of applicants per place in teh whole of the UK [from Times University Guide 2004]

Latest

Trending

Trending