Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to motivate myself? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We do A levels a year early in my school and do an additional one leading to a total of four. In my first year (11) I did atrociously, getting DDBB in the end of year report.This motivated my a lot and the first half of this year (12) I have managed to get all my predicted grades up to A's and got AAAB in the christmas holiday report.

Thing is, I seem to have lost all that motivation during Christmas. I have A level mocks that play a part in our UCAS predicted grades in just 3 weeks and I have only done 2 hours cumitavely. People from my school have already done upwards of 40 hours over Christmas and so far this term.

I know how to revise well, I just cant motivate myself. I sit down, do 20 minutes and get distracted and go on facebook or play some games or say "oh i can do this then and do this then and I'll have tonight off and start tommorow".

I know once I get into the habit I can easily do upwards of 6 hours a day. I know that if I **** up my A levels I will ruin my life. I really just cant seem to focus.

Should I try listen to music, or study somewhere else where my computer isn't? Its really beginning to frustrate me because I want to start but can't bring myself to do it.

First world problems I know.

ReputationRep:
    It took me 3 years to do my A-levels, my first year I got D,E,U and dropped out of my fourth subject. I spent most of that year skipping lessons and spending time on social networks. I don't know if this will help you but my motivation was simple, you can relax now and struggle to get a job (referring to a graduate position or similar) or put your head down and study as much as you can, just think of how easy your future will be if you study. It is easier said than done but I've been there and I can tell you it is worth it.

In my second 2 years, I changed my subjects and got AAB. Maybe you might want to look at changing courses, it's never too late.

Just don't get lazy, keep at it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.