Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Genuinely worried about possibly only acheiving a 2:2 at uni, earnestly trying my best but struggling with dyslexia and skipping straight into second year, any one out there with a 2:2 found its held them back ? tia xx
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I know people who got a Desmond in their first year but did better in the 2nd and 3rd years. It's harder to find a graduate job though as most companies look for a 2:1 or above so do try to work harder and check if your uni has support for dyslexic students, you may be able to get some extra time in your exams.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by missdeea1993)
    Genuinely worried about possibly only acheiving a 2:2 at uni, earnestly trying my best but struggling with dyslexia and skipping straight into second year, any one out there with a 2:2 found its held them back ? tia xx
    Hi missdeea1993,

Are you currently a student at Queen's? If so you can contact our Student Guidance Centre for some advice and support.

Their telephone number is 028 9097 5250 or you can email them at [email protected].

Wishing you all the very best with your studies.

Kachela
    (Team Queen's)

ReputationRep:
    If you're struggling do contact disability support and go to the student guidance centre near the students union for advice.
    A 2:2 isn't the end of the world and plenty of people get good jobs without having the highest grades.
    Keep prevailing and do seek support.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.