Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are some of your bad experiences on the bus/tube? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Facing the choice between walking for a very long time, figuring out the buses, or stumping up for a cab when the tube workers are on strike every other day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elekro)
    You mean tall people don't get that? I'm 5'10
    you must look like a model, I'm 5'11 yusss
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Was wearing some bad shoes on a bad day, as i got up to get off, the bus braked suddenly and i skid down the aisle and hit my face on the bus drivers window -_-

Spoiler:
    Show

let it shinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I'm 6'2 and haven't had to endure a smelly armpit or someone's breath for at least a couple of years... Though, I do try my best to ensure that no one has to endure my armpits!
    So you're only safe above 6 feet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    :sexface: but you thought about it
    :innocent:

considered it but then was like 'naaaaaaaaaaaah' :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Share stories about nightmare passengers while you were riding, or weird things you do on the bus/tube
    people keep stepping on my shoes!!

other than that, I travel by tube pretty much every day and I've never had any bad experiences

ReputationRep:
    Nothing drastic has happened. I've had to hold several things on a very packed bus and contort my body in various ways to let people pass my mass of objects but that's about it.

ReputationRep:
    1. Old drunk guy got on the bus and sat down. There was a young guy standing next to the doors. The old guy got up and started weeing on the floor at the door area, that young one got the hell outta there. The old guy then started touching handles and had wee on his boots and everything. Whole bus stank.

2. Got on the bus and sat at a window seat, there was a guy sitting at the window seat opposite me another row of chairs. After about 10 minutes, the guy clears his throat and spits phlegm on the wall bit under the window and gets off the bus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    Don't really use public transport that much.
    PRSOM

lucky, and thanks

(Original post by mobbsy91)
    Ahaha, well, I guess there's an upside to the way I have my bad experiences on the tube being that they occur due to me being incredibly drunk, which means I tend not to remember the details!

Conversely, the most pleasant experience I've ever had on the tube was also when I was incredibly drunk, when some guy (I think a TfL staff member) got me some water and helped me survive my trip to the station to get home!
    lmao you've been the terribly drunk one?

:beer: I wont even get into my ****eries right now haha

ReputationRep:
    you must look like a model, I'm 5'11 yusss
    height wise maybe, not sure about the rest lol

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny:

was just gonna tag you

wait...

By Indian standards that is quite an empty trains, still plenty of window rails to be hanging off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Was wearing some bad shoes on a bad day, as i got up to get off, the bus braked suddenly and i skid down the aisle and hit my face on the bus drivers window -_-

Spoiler:
    Show

let it shinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee

yea right lol
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    lucky, and thanks

• Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elekro)
    So you're only safe above 6 feet
    Probably
    lucky, and thanks

Oooooooh yes, I think there must've been a period of about 2-3 months where I'd go out with work every Friday night, and we'd get fairly hammered, ending in a not too good tube journey...

ReputationRep:
    When someone's vaping...
    When someone's smoking weed
    And when there's a dog anywhere can't stand them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova91)
    When I was living in turkey , I had to get the local bus to work called the dolmus (it literally translates into English as 'stuffed'. It was like the size of a camper van and they crammed on as many people as physically possible . In June it was 50 degrees so u do the maths haha. :laugh:
    I've experienced dolmus buses many times on holidays in Turkey They're an experience, especially if you get an old van which can barely set off as there are so many people in it..
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Got on the bus unfortunately with the chav school kids on it. The whole bus smelt of chicken and chips, and their greasy ketchup fingers kept touching the poles LIKE WHY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 408655)
    people keep stepping on my shoes!!

other than that, I travel by tube pretty much every day and I've never had any bad experiences
    aw hell nawww

one time i nipped the back of this black girl's Jordan trainers and she turned round and legit stared at me like

I looked back at her like :curious: then she when she saw I was a bloke and twice her size she was like nah nvm lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Got on the bus unfortunately with the chav school kids on it. The whole bus smelt of chicken and chips, and their greasy ketchup fingers kept touching the poles LIKE WHY.
    and you licked it off the pole?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    and you licked it off the pole?
    That's saucy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.